This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Eco Toxicity”
1. Eco-toxicology is the study of ________
a) Chemical interactions of organism and environment
b) Physical interactions of organism and environment
c) Thermal interactions of organism and environment
d) Biological interactions of organism and environment
Explanation: Eco-toxicology deals with how chemicals interact with organisms as well as the environment and their impacts.
2. Hazard estimation in ecotoxicology is done based on _______
Explanation: Hazard estimation and estimation in ecotoxicology is done based on the concentration of bio-accumulation of a chemical in food chain.
3. Eco-toxicology is based on ______ of chemicals.
Explanation: Eco-toxicology is based on toxicological characteristics of chemicals and their susceptibility in the environment.
4. Acute aquatic toxicity is measured in _______
Explanation: Acute aquatic toxicity is measured with respect to the concentration of effected organism i.e. EC50 or survive treatment LD50.
5. Chronic toxicity is based on _______
Explanation: Chronic toxicity is based on no observed effect concentration (NOEC) or lowest observed effect concentration (LOEC) of an event.
6. According to TURI which tool is used for determining aquatic toxicity?
Explanation: The Toxics Use Reduction Institute (TURI) framework suggests Pollution Prevention Options Assessment System (P2OASys) tool for aquatic toxicity.
7. Toxicity ranking from ToxPi is based on ________
a) Suborganismal tests
b) Organismal test
Explanation: Toxicity ranking from ToxPi is based on suborganismal tests for which the data have been collected for each chemical under consideration.
8. ______ models provide ecotoxicity endpoint.
Explanation: Quantitative Structure Activity Relationships models estimates various ecotoxicity end points on the basis of chemical structure.
9. _________ species is used as screening of chemicals.
a) Eisinia foetida
b) Folsomia candida
c) Enchytraeus albidus
Explanation: The zebrafish which is known as Danio rerio is used in high throughput screening for chemicals.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books