This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Rules – Waste Import and Export”.
1. When was regulations on the import and export of hazardous waste adopted in Canada?
Explanation: The regulations on import and export of hazardous waste adopted under section 191 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999.
2. Who signed the Hazardous Waste Export-Import Revisions final rule?
a) Gina McCarthy
b) Melissa Rauch
c) Lena Heady
d) Nicolas Freeman
Explanation: The EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, signed the Hazardous Waste Export-Import Revisions final rule on October 28, 2016.
3. The final rule of import-export gives more transparency in tracking.
Explanation: The final rule of import-export improves tracking of shipment, and has mandatory electronic reporting to EPA to reduce abandoning of hazardous waste.
4. The aim of OECD is __________
a) Controlling HW shipments
b) Chemical analysis
Explanation: The aim of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is multilateral waste agreement on controlling hazardous waste shipments.
5. OECD was established in ______
Explanation: The OECD was established in 1960 to guide members of different countries in achieving sustainable growth.
6. When was the hazardous waste import-export act established?
Explanation: The Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act was established on 1989 to manage import and export of waste without effecting the environment.
7. What is the main purpose of export-import act?
a) Chemical analysis
b) Regulate import export activities
c) Export of waste
d) Import of waste
Explanation: The main purpose of Regulation of Exports and Imports Act is to regulate the export, import and transit of hazardous waste to safeguard that hazardous waste is dealt properly.
8. The international body created to address transboundary issues of international hazardous waste is _________
Explanation: The Environmental Network for Optimizing Regulatory Compliance on Illegal Traffic (ENFORCE) is an agency created to deal with the problems and issues of international hazardous waste.
9. Which protocol ensures that the countries are following laws set by Basel convention?
c) Liability and Compensation
Explanation: Liability and Compensation protocol ensures that all the countries and corporations are following laws by Basel convention for transboundary movement of hazardous waste.
10. The convention that bans the import of waste into a country is ______
Explanation: Dissatisfaction with waste regulation by Basel convention in regulating the dumping of hazardous waste, certain countries banned the import of hazardous waste.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!