This set of Hazardous Waste Management Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “Regulations Governing Transporters”.
1. A transporter of hazardous waste is subject to regulations under _____________
Explanation: A transporter of hazardous waste is abided to regulations under RCRA, outlined in Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 263.
2. A transporter is prohibited from transporting hazardous waste if they do not have an ID number.
Explanation: A transporter is prohibited from transporting hazardous waste if they do not have an ID number issued by EPA.
3. EPA transportation ID is site-specific.
Explanation: EPA generator ID is site-specific, whereas, transporter ID numbers are assigned to the transportation company as a whole.
4. _____________ is designed to track hazardous waste from the time it leaves the generator facility to TSDF.
a) Waste manifest system
b) Chemical analysis
Explanation: EPA’s hazardous waste manifest system is designed to track hazardous waste from the time it leaves the generator facility for the safe management of hazardous waste.
5. How long does the transporter must keep a copy of the manifest?
Explanation: The transporter must keep a copy of the manifest for 3 years which is signed and dated by the recipient.
6. _____________ transporters are exempted from the manifest requirements.
Explanation: Transporters who handle certain recycled or reclaimed wastes generated by small quantity generators are exempted from the manifest requirements.
7. In case of transporting SQG waste the vehicle used to transport the waste must be owned by ____________
a) Recycling facility
d) Trans-boundary owner
Explanation: In case of transporting SQG waste the vehicle used to transport the waste must be owned by the recycling facility as described in 40 CFR section 262.20 (e)(i)(ii).
8. The regulations governing imports and exports of hazardous waste found in ____________
a) 40 CFR
b) 41 CFR
c) 42 CFR
d) 43 CFR
Explanation: The regulations governing imports and exports of hazardous waste are established in in 40 CFR part 262, sub-part E.
9. Vehicle used for transportation shall be in accordance with ____________
Explanation: Vehicle used for transportation shall be in accordance with the provisions under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
10. Transporter should have valid ____________ during transportation.
Explanation: Transporter should have valid Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC) during waste transportation phase.
11. Vehicles shall be painted preferably in ____________ colour for identification.
Explanation: Vehicles shall be painted preferably in blue colour with white strip of 15 to 30 cm width running centrally all over to facilitate easy identification.
12. Which of the following should be provided utmost importance while transporting HW?
a) Emergency number
b) Waste analysed
c) Vehicle ID
d) Transport ID
Explanation: Emergency phone numbers and TREM Card in Form 10 of HWMH rules should be provided utmost importance while transporting HW.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10