This set of Chemistry Online Quiz for IIT JEE Exam focuses on “Polymers of Commercial Importance”.
1. Which of the following is not a trade name of PMMA polymer?
Explanation: PMMA is a polymer of methyl methacrylate. It is used in the manufacturing of lenses, dentures, aircrafts windows, etc. It is known by the commercial names plexiglass, lucite, acrylite, perspex and crylux. Vectran is an aromatic polyester.
2. Which of the following is used in the manufacture of building materials?
a) Urea-formaldehyde resin
Explanation: Glyptal is a copolymer of ethylene glycol and phthalic acid. It is an important component in the manufacturing of paints, lacquers and building materials.
3. Which of the following is used in the making of unbreakable cups?
a) Urea formaldehyde
Explanation: Urea formaldehyde is a thermosetting resin polymer produced by the condensation of urea and methanal. It is used in making unbreakable cups and laminated sheets.
4. Which of the following is used in the firewall of vehicles?
Explanation: Nomex is a highly fire-resistant meta-aramid polymer that is rigid and durable. Its monomers are m-phenylenediamine and isophthaloyl chloride. It is commonly used in firefighting equipment and in the driving apparel of racers to protect them in the case of a fire.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Chemistry – Class 12.
To practice Chemistry Online Quiz for IIT JEE Exam, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Chemistry - Class 12
- Participate in Chemistry - Class 12 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Chemistry - Class 12
- Take Chemistry - Class 12 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10