In this article, we will explore what a Chemistry certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Chemistry by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Chemistry certification?
A Chemistry certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Chemistry. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- nature, properties, and state of matter.
- structure of the atom that includes Bohr’s model and quantum mechanics model.
- classification of elements, periodic table and its organization.
- chemical bonding, its types, and molecular structure.
- fundamentals of thermodynamics.
- equilibrium in physical and chemical processes.
- hydrogen, s-block, p-block, d-block, and f-block elements.
- principles of organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, and environmental chemistry.
- fundamentals of electrochemistry, and surface chemistry.
- coordination compounds, haloalkanes and haloarenes, their methods, properties, and chemical reactions.
- function groupings of alcohols, phenols, and ethers.
- physical properties, reactions, and uses of aldehydes, ketones, and carboxylic acids.
- structure, classification, and properties of amines.
- concepts of biomolecules and polymer types and classification.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Chemistry?
The free certification offered by Sanfoundry in the field of Chemistry helps in finding work. Other certification in the field of chemistry include the Certified Professional Chemist (CPC), Specialist in Chemistry (SC(ASCP)), Certified Chemical Engineer (CCE), Certified Chemical Technician (CCT), and Certified Forensic Chemist (CFD).
What type of job can I get with a Chemistry certification?
Chemistry jobs are available in a variety of fields, including biochemistry and molecular biology, environmental science and toxicology, materials science, medicine and health sciences, pharmacy and pharmaceutical research. The most common types of chemistry jobs include research chemist, quality control chemist, analytical chemist, research scientist, and industrial consultant as well as teacher.
What topics are covered in the Chemistry certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Chemistry Certification Syllabus – Class 11|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Structure of Atom||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||States of Matter||Thermodynamics|
|s-Block Elements||p-Block Elements||Organic Chemistry – Basic Principles and Technique|
|Hydrocarbons||Environmental Chemistry||Industrial Waste|
|Chemistry Certification Syllabus – Class 12|
|Chemical Kinetics||Surface Chemistry||General Principles of Isolation of Elements|
|Processes of Isolation of Elements||p-Block Elements||D and F-Block Elements|
|Coordination Compounds||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Aldehydes, Ketones||Carboxylic Acids||Amines|
|Biomolecules||Polymers||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
A Chemistry certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual's proficiency in Chemistry.
What are the benefits of obtaining a Chemistry certification?
Benefits of getting a Chemistry certification include demonstrating expertise in the subject and increasing competitiveness in the job market. It can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.
Sanfoundry Chemistry CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Chemistry for free. We offer multiple certification exams for school students, depending on the class in which they are studying i.e., students of Class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th.
The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Chemistry from Sanfoundry.
Chemistry Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Chemistry CertificateHow to prepare for Chemistry Certification Exam?
We offer multiple certification exams for school students depending on the class in which they are studying. So, you can give the exam for the class in which you are currently studying. You are also free to give certification tests for earlier classes. Before you start taking the exam, you should practice the following mcq, pactice & mock test series:
- 1000 Chemistry - Class 11 MCQs
- 1000 Chemistry - Class 12 MCQs
- Chemistry - Class 11 Practice & Mock Tests
- Chemistry - Class 12 Practice & Mock Tests
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take the qualifier test: Chemistry - Class 11 Qualifier Test
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take the certification test anytime (24x7): Chemistry - Class 11 Certification Test
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live: Chemistry - Class 11 Top Rankers
Chemistry - Class 12 Qualifier Test
Chemistry - Class 12 Certification Test
Chemistry - Class 12 Top Rankers
Chemistry Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Chemistry? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Chemistry certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Chemistry exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Chemistry in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Chemistry certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Chemistry course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Chemistry online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Chemistry.
7. Which online Chemistry Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Chemistry. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Chemistry Certification Course.
8. Can I get Chemistry certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Chemistry certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Chemistry certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Chemistry Certification exam?
Depending on the class for which you are preparing the certification exam, you should practice either Sanfoundry's Chemistry - Class 11 MCQs or Chemistry - Class 12 MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Chemistry Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Chemistry certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Chemistry?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Chemistry certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.