This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing Dreamlifter-1”.
1. The Boeing 747 Dreamlifter aircraft is also known as the Boeing 747-400 __________
a) Large Cargo Glider
b) Low Cargo Freighter
c) Large Cargo Freighter
d) Low Cargo Glider
Explanation: The Boeing 747 Dreamlifter aircraft is also known as the Boeing 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter. It is a wide-body cargo aircraft manufactured by Boeing.
2. When was the maiden flight of the 747 Dreamlifter?
a) 9 September 2006
b) 9 September 2016
c) 9 September 1990
d) 9 September 1984
Explanation: The 747 Dreamlifter first flew on 9 September 2006. The world’s longest cargo loader is used to load cargo into the aircraft.
3. The initial Boeing 747 Dreamlifter program intended to produce only _________ aircrafts.
Explanation: The initial Boeing 747 Dreamlifter program intended to produce only three aircrafts. However, another aircraft was subsequently added to the program and in total Four Boeing 747 Dreamlifter aircrafts have been built.
4. The 747 Dreamlifter has a cruise speed of __________
a) Mach 0.90
b) Mach 0.82
c) Mach 0.72
d) Mach 0.85
Explanation: The 747 Dreamlifter has a cruise speed of Mach 0.82, which is approximately 878 km/h. In comparison, the 747-400 offers a cruise speed of Mach 0.85, which is approximately 910 km/h.
5. Which of the following is not an airline from which Boeing acquired the four second hand 747-400s?
b) China Airlines
c) Air China
d) Malaysia Airlines
Explanation: Emirates is not an airline from which Boeing acquired the four second hand 747-400s. However, it acquired these aircrafts from China Airlines, Air China and Malaysia Airlines.
6. The 747 Dreamlifter is exclusively used for transporting Boeing 787 aircraft components.
Explanation: True, the 747 Dreamlifter is exclusively used for transporting Boeing 787 aircraft components. The Dreamlifter carries the fuselage and wing sections of the 787 aircraft.
7. The 787 aircraft parts were deemed too large for standard marine shipping.
Explanation: True, the 787 aircraft parts were deemed too large for standard marine shipping. Thus, it was decided that air transport will be the favourable method for transporting parts of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
8. When was the first 747 LCF rolled out of the hangar?
a) 17 August 2000
b) 17 August 2006
c) 17 August 2016
d) 17 August 2002
Explanation: The first 747 LCF was rolled out of the hangar on 17 August 2006. It was rolled out at Taipei Taoyuan International Airport and also successfully completed its first test flight from this airport.
9. Which of the following airlines operated the LCF fleet until August 2010?
a) Atlas Air
b) Evergreen International Airlines
c) Cargo Logic Air
Explanation: Evergreen International Airlines operated the LCF fleet until August 2010. The airline is a United States air freight operator based in Oregon.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!