This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing KC-46 Pegasus-1”.
1. Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is scheduled to replace the older_____
a) Boeing KC-135 Stratotankers
b) Boeing 747
c) Airbus A400M
d) Boeing C-7000
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is scheduled to replace the older Boeing KC-135 Stratotankers. The USAF intends to procure 179 Pegasus aircraft by 2027.
2. When is the Boeing KC-46 Pegasus scheduled to enter service?
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is scheduled to enter service in 2019. The aircraft is manufactured by Boeing Defense, Space and Security.
3. The Pegasus has a_____ flight control system.
Explanation: The Pegasus has a hydraulic flight control system. It is a wide body, low wing cantilever monoplane that features a conventional tail unit. The aircraft has a retractable tricycle landing gear.
4. Which of the following engines are used to power the Pegasus?
a) Rolls Royce Trent 700
b) Pratt & Whitney PW4062
c) Rolls Royce Trent 800
d) Pratt & Whitney F135
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is powered by two Pratt & Whitney PW4062 engines. One engine is mounted under each wing. It is a high bypass turbofan aircraft engine.
5. The rear compartment of the Pegasus can be used in an aero-medical configuration for_____ patients.
Explanation: The rear compartment of the Pegasus can be used in an aero-medical configuration for 54 patients. Further, the aircraft flight deck has room for four crew members.
6. The Pegasus has a Centerline Drogue System under the rear fuselage.
Explanation: True, the aircraft has a Centerline Drogue System under the rear fuselage. Further, a fly-by-wire refueling boom is also present at the rear of the aircraft.
7. Boeing’s NewGen Tanker is based on the 767-200.
Explanation: True, the NewGen Tanker is based on the 767-200 and features an improved version of the KC-10 refueling boom. It also features cockpit displays from the 787.
8. When did the 767-2C first fly?
a) 28 December 2008
b) 28 December 2018
c) 28 December 2014
d) 28 December 2016
Explanation: The 767-2C aircraft first flew on 28 December 2014. The aircraft flew from Paine Field and landed at the Boeing Field.
9. The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus was developed from the Boeing_____ jet airliner.
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus was developed from the Boeing 767 jet airliner. It was developed as a strategic airlift and air to air tanker.
10. The KC-46 offers a range up to 14,000 km.
Explanation: False, the KC-46 offers a range up to 11,830 km, which is approximately 6,385 nautical miles. The aircraft is used for air to air refueling and in combat operations.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.