This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing KC-46 Pegasus-1”.
1. Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is scheduled to replace the older _________
a) Boeing KC-135 Stratotankers
b) Boeing 747
c) Airbus A400M
d) Boeing C-7000
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is scheduled to replace the older Boeing KC-135 Stratotankers. The USAF intends to procure 179 Pegasus aircraft by 2027.
2. When is the Boeing KC-46 Pegasus scheduled to enter service?
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is scheduled to enter service in 2019. The aircraft is manufactured by Boeing Defense, Space and Security.
3. The Pegasus has a __________ flight control system.
Explanation: The Pegasus has a hydraulic flight control system. It is a wide body, low wing cantilever monoplane that features a conventional tail unit. The aircraft has a retractable tricycle landing gear.
4. Which of the following engines are used to power the Pegasus?
a) Rolls Royce Trent 700
b) Pratt & Whitney PW4062
c) Rolls Royce Trent 800
d) Pratt & Whitney F135
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is powered by two Pratt & Whitney PW4062 engines. One engine is mounted under each wing. It is a high bypass turbofan aircraft engine.
5. The rear compartment of the Pegasus can be used in an aero-medical configuration for __________ patients.
Explanation: The rear compartment of the Pegasus can be used in an aero-medical configuration for 54 patients. Further, the aircraft flight deck has room for four crew members.
6. The Pegasus has a Centerline Drogue System under the rear fuselage.
Explanation: True, the aircraft has a Centerline Drogue System under the rear fuselage. Further, a fly-by-wire refueling boom is also present at the rear of the aircraft.
7. Boeing’s NewGen Tanker is based on the 767-200.
Explanation: True, the NewGen Tanker is based on the 767-200 and features an improved version of the KC-10 refueling boom. It also features cockpit displays from the 787.
8. When did the 767-2C first fly?
a) 28 December 2008
b) 28 December 2018
c) 28 December 2014
d) 28 December 2016
Explanation: The 767-2C aircraft first flew on 28 December 2014. The aircraft flew from Paine Field and landed at the Boeing Field.
9. The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus was developed from the Boeing __________ jet airliner.
Explanation: The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus was developed from the Boeing 767 jet airliner. It was developed as a strategic airlift and air to air tanker.
10. The KC-46 offers a range up to 14,000 km.
Explanation: False, the KC-46 offers a range up to 11,830 km, which is approximately 6,385 nautical miles. The aircraft is used for air to air refueling and in combat operations.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!