This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Aircraft Electronics – Electro-Static Sensitive Devices-1”.
1. ESD in common terminology refers to______
a) Electrostatic discharge
b) Electric discharge
c) Electronic discharge
d) Elastic discharge
Explanation: The term ESD in common terminology refers to Electrostatic discharge. These are a certain type of charge particles that are commonly found on humans, electronic tools and various other objects. They may be hazardous under certain conditions.
2. Electrostatic sensitive device is a component which can be damaged by common ______
a) Dynamic charges
b) Static charges
c) Electric charges
d) Electronic charges
Explanation: Electrostatic sensitive device is a component which can be damaged by common static charges. Densely packed electronic parts become more and more vulnerable to ESD.
3. What is the electrical resistance of conductive ESD protective materials?
a) Between 1mΩ and 1MΩ
b) Between 1kΩ and 1MΩ
c) Between 10kΩ and 10MΩ
d) Between 10mΩ and 10MΩ
Explanation: The electrical resistance of conductive ESD protective materials is between 1kΩ and 1MΩ. There are several kinds of ESD protective materials available.
4. Which of the following is a material that attenuates current and electrical fields?
Explanation: Shielding material is a material that attenuates current and electrical fields. Different ESD materials possess different characteristics and behave differently in the same environment.
5. Dissipative materials have an electrical resistance between 1kΩ and 1TΩ.
Explanation: False, dissipative materials have an electrical resistance between 1MΩ and 1TΩ. Electrical resistance of such materials is greater as compared to conductive materials.
6. Anti-static materials are also known as ______ materials.
a) Low charging
b) High charging
c) Null charging
d) Dash charging
Explanation: The anti-static materials are also known as low charging materials. These materials limit the buildup of charges by prevention of triboelectric effects, through physical separation.
7. Which of the following is an alternate to photoemission?
b) Proton emission
c) Corona discharge
d) Electrical grounding
Explanation: Corona discharge is an alternate to photoemission. It is an electron emission effect used by antistatic systems. It is mostly used in a larger area, such as a factory floor or workshop.
8. Which of the following is a device that reduces or inhibits electrostatic discharge?
a) Dynamic device
b) Static device
c) Anti-static device
d) Anti-dynamic device
Explanation: Devices that decrease the magnitude of electrostatic discharge may be referred to as anti-static devices. Such devices if not used properly may also damage electrical components.
9. Which of the following is used for the neutralization of static charge in a larger area?
b) Antistatic agents
c) Electrical grounding
d) Static agents
Explanation: The process of neutralization of static charges present in a significantly larger area, may be called as photoemission. The process is based on the emission of electrons into an area, which in turn neutralize the targeted object.
10. Human beings have natural electrical sources running through the body.
Explanation: True, humans beings have natural electrical sources running through the body, thus touching an ESD unequipped can result in serious material damage or injuries.
11. An ionizing bar is sometimes referred to as a______
a) Anti dynamic bar
b) Antistatic bar
c) Dynamic bar
d) Static bar
Explanation: An ionizing bar is sometimes referred to as a static bar. It is a type of an anti-static device used for removing static electricity from a production line.
12. Dissipative bags are usually______ in color.
Explanation: Dissipative bags are usually pink in color. This is because of the dissipative chemical layer. These bags come with a static dissipative coating or layer on the plastic.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.