This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Airbus A-350 Family of Aircraft’s”.
1. The A350XWB is a __________ range aircraft.
Explanation: The A350XWB is a long range aircraft, developed by Airbus. It was introduced to compete with the Boeing 787 and the 777.
2. Which of the following was the launch operator of the A350-900?
a) Air Canada
b) Air Asia
c) Qatar Airways
d) Etihad Airways
Explanation: Qatar Airways was the launch operator of the A350-900. The aircraft first entered service on 15 January 2015.
3. What is the full form of XWB?
Explanation: XWB refers to Xtra-Wide-Body. The abbreviation is used to refer to the A350 aircraft as A350 XWB. It is a twin engine aircraft, introduced to succeed the A340.
4. Engine thrust reversers for the A350 are supplied by which of the following?
d) UTC Aerospace Systems
Explanation: The engine thrust reversers for the A350 are supplied by UTC Aerospace Systems. The company also supplies nacelles for the aircraft.
5. Which of the following is not an operator of the A350?
d) Air China
Explanation: Indigo is not an operator of the A350. However, Finnair, Iberia and Air China all have A350 aircrafts in their respective fleets.
6. ACJ350 is derived from the A350-900ULR.
Explanation: True, the ACJ350 is derived from the A350-900ULR. It is a corporate jet, developed by Airbus. The aircraft offers a range of up to 20,000km.
7. The world’s longest flight between Singapore Changi and Newark International Airport is operated by which of the following airlines?
b) Etihad Airways
c) Singapore Airlines
d) American Airlines
Explanation: The world’s longest flight between Singapore Changi and Newark International Airport is operated by Singapore Airlines. The inaugural flight took 17h 52m to travel between the two cities.
8. What is the wing sweep angle of the A350, at a Mach 0.85 cruise speed?
a) 0.319 degrees
b) 319 degrees
c) 31.9 degrees
d) 3.19 degrees
Explanation: The wing sweep angle of the A350, at a Mach 0.85 cruise speed is 31.9 degrees. The wings are 64.75 m in length.
9. Which of the following supplies the auxiliary power unit for the A350?
a) General Electric
Explanation: The auxiliary power unit for the A350 is supplied by Honeywell. The company also supplies other avionic equipment for the aircraft.
10. The A350 was launched in 2006, with entry into service planned for 2013.
Explanation: True. The aircraft was planned to enter into service in 2013, however its entry into service was delayed up to mid-2017. The aircraft was launched in 2006.
11. Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engine generates a maximum thrust of __________
a) 9,700 lbf
b) 97,000 lbf
c) 970 lbf
d) 9,70,000 lbf
Explanation: The Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engine generates a maximum thrust of 97,000lb. It was exclusively designed to be used on the Airbus A350 XWB and was developed from the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000.
12. What is the maximum operating speed of the A350?
a) Mach 0.89
b) Mach 0.089
c) Mach 8.9
d) Mach 89
Explanation: Maximum operating speed of the A350 XWB is Mach 0.89. The A350-1000 is heavier in comparison to the A350-900.
13. Which of the following is the launch customer of the A350-900ULR?
a) Qatar Airways
b) Singapore Airlines
Explanation: Singapore Airlines is the launch customer of the A350-900ULR. The airline is operating the aircraft in two class configuration featuring Business and Premium Economy.
14. What is the full form of ULR?
a) Ultra-Light Reach
b) Ultra-Long Reach
c) Ultra-Light Range
d) Ultra-Long Range
Explanation: ULR refers to Ultra Long Range. It is used to describe the A350-900ULR which offers an increased MTOW and fuel capacity.
15. What is the maximum takeoff weight of the A350?
a) 275 tonnes
b) 2750 tonnes
c) 3000 tonnes
d) 300 tonnes
Explanation: The maximum take-off weight of the A350 is 275 tonnes. It typically seats 325 passengers and offers a range of about 15,000km.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!