This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing 787 Family of Aircrafts”.
1. The 787 was intended to replace __________
a) Boeing 737
b) Boeing 747
c) Boeing 777
d) Boeing 767
Explanation: The 787 was intended to replace Boeing 767. The 787 was designed to be 20% more fuel-efficient in comparison to the 767.
2. Where was the first 787 rolled out?
a) Farnborough, UK
b) Hamburg, Germany
c) Everett, Washington
d) Frankfurt, Germany
Explanation: The first 787 was unveiled at Boeing’s Everett factory in Everett, Washington, on 8 July 2007. Final assembly of the aircraft takes place here.
3. The 787 was initially designated __________
Explanation: The 787 was initially designated 7E7. The aircraft was later renamed as 787 in January 2005.
4. The longest range 787 variant has a cruise speed of __________
a) Mach 0.70
b) Mach 0.85
c) Mach 0.80
d) Mach 0.75
Explanation: The longest range 787 variant has a cruise speed of Mach 0.85, which is approximately equivalent to 561 mph. The aircraft offers a design life of 44,000 flight cycles.
5. Which of the following was the launch customer of 787-8?
a) Thai Airways
b) All Nippon Airways
c) British Airways
d) Malaysia Airlines
Explanation: All Nippon Airways was the launch customer of 787-8. The aircraft entered commercial service on 26 October 2011.
6. Boeing 787’s maiden flight took place on December 15, 2009.
Explanation: True, the aircraft’s maiden flight took place on December 15, 2009. Flight testing of the aircraft was completed by mid-2011.
7. A British Airways 787-9 completed the first scheduled non-stop flight between Australia and the UK flying seventeen.
Explanation: False. A Qantas 787-9 aircraft completed the first scheduled non-stop flight between Australia and the UK. It flew seventeen hours from Perth to London Heathrow.
8. What is the typical business class layout in 787?
Explanation: The typical business class layout in a 777 is 2-2-2. The typical economy class layout is 3-3-3. Some airlines may also have a 3-4-3 economy layout.
9. The 787 is __________ composite by volume.
Explanation: The Boeing 787 is 80% composite by volume. Other materials used in the aircraft are aluminium and titanium.
10. The 787 shares a common type rating with the 777.
Explanation: True. The Boeing 787 shares a common type rating with the relatively larger Boeing 777. It allows qualified pilots to operate both aircraft models.
11. The 787-8 has a typical capacity of __________ passengers.
Explanation: The Boeing 787-8 has a typical capacity of 242 passengers. The aircraft was targeted to replace the Boeing 767-200ER and -300ER.
12. What of the following is not a 787 variant?
Explanation: The 787-3 is not a 787 variant. The short-range 787-3 was cancelled in 2010.However, 787-8, 787-9 and 787-10 are all 787 variants and are in commercial service.
13. Which of the following airlines was the launch customer of the 787-10?
a) Air Canada
b) Singapore Airlines
Explanation: Singapore Airlines was the launch customer of the 787-10. It took delivery of the aircraft on 25 March 2018. The aircraft began commercial service on 3 April 2018.
14. The 787 offers a range of __________
a) 3,355 nautical miles
b) 70,355 nautical miles
c) 755 nautical miles
d) 7,355 nautical miles
Explanation: The 787 offers a range of 7,355 nautical miles, which is approximately 13,621 km. The 787-8 was the first 787 variant to enter service in 2011.
15. What is the maximum takeoff weight of the 787-9?
a) 54,500 pounds
b) 5, 45,000 pounds
c) 545 pounds
d) 5,450 pounds
Explanation: The maximum take-off weight of the 787-9 is 54,500 pounds. The aircraft offers a higher maximum take-off weight as compared to the 787-8.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.