This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing 787 Family of Aircrafts”.
1. The 787 was intended to replace __________
a) Boeing 737
b) Boeing 747
c) Boeing 777
d) Boeing 767
Explanation: The 787 was intended to replace Boeing 767. The 787 was designed to be 20% more fuel-efficient in comparison to the 767.
2. Where was the first 787 rolled out?
a) Farnborough, UK
b) Hamburg, Germany
c) Everett, Washington
d) Frankfurt, Germany
Explanation: The first 787 was unveiled at Boeing’s Everett factory in Everett, Washington, on 8 July 2007. Final assembly of the aircraft takes place here.
3. The 787 was initially designated __________
Explanation: The 787 was initially designated 7E7. The aircraft was later renamed as 787 in January 2005.
4. The longest range 787 variant has a cruise speed of __________
a) Mach 0.70
b) Mach 0.85
c) Mach 0.80
d) Mach 0.75
Explanation: The longest range 787 variant has a cruise speed of Mach 0.85, which is approximately equivalent to 561 mph. The aircraft offers a design life of 44,000 flight cycles.
5. Which of the following was the launch customer of 787-8?
a) Thai Airways
b) All Nippon Airways
c) British Airways
d) Malaysia Airlines
Explanation: All Nippon Airways was the launch customer of 787-8. The aircraft entered commercial service on 26 October 2011.
6. Boeing 787’s maiden flight took place on December 15, 2009.
Explanation: True, the aircraft’s maiden flight took place on December 15, 2009. Flight testing of the aircraft was completed by mid-2011.
7. A British Airways 787-9 completed the first scheduled non-stop flight between Australia and the UK flying seventeen.
Explanation: False. A Qantas 787-9 aircraft completed the first scheduled non-stop flight between Australia and the UK. It flew seventeen hours from Perth to London Heathrow.
8. What is the typical business class layout in 787?
Explanation: The typical business class layout in a 777 is 2-2-2. The typical economy class layout is 3-3-3. Some airlines may also have a 3-4-3 economy layout.
9. The 787 is __________ composite by volume.
Explanation: The Boeing 787 is 80% composite by volume. Other materials used in the aircraft are aluminium and titanium.
10. The 787 shares a common type rating with the 777.
Explanation: True. The Boeing 787 shares a common type rating with the relatively larger Boeing 777. It allows qualified pilots to operate both aircraft models.
11. The 787-8 has a typical capacity of __________ passengers.
Explanation: The Boeing 787-8 has a typical capacity of 242 passengers. The aircraft was targeted to replace the Boeing 767-200ER and -300ER.
12. What of the following is not a 787 variant?
Explanation: The 787-3 is not a 787 variant. The short-range 787-3 was cancelled in 2010.However, 787-8, 787-9 and 787-10 are all 787 variants and are in commercial service.
13. Which of the following airlines was the launch customer of the 787-10?
a) Air Canada
b) Singapore Airlines
Explanation: Singapore Airlines was the launch customer of the 787-10. It took delivery of the aircraft on 25 March 2018. The aircraft began commercial service on 3 April 2018.
14. The 787 offers a range of __________
a) 3,355 nautical miles
b) 70,355 nautical miles
c) 755 nautical miles
d) 7,355 nautical miles
Explanation: The 787 offers a range of 7,355 nautical miles, which is approximately 13,621 km. The 787-8 was the first 787 variant to enter service in 2011.
15. What is the maximum takeoff weight of the 787-9?
a) 54,500 pounds
b) 5, 45,000 pounds
c) 545 pounds
d) 5,450 pounds
Explanation: The maximum take-off weight of the 787-9 is 54,500 pounds. The aircraft offers a higher maximum take-off weight as compared to the 787-8.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!