This set of Aircraft Maintenance Questions & Answers for Exams focuses on “Aircraft Systems and Aviation – Antonov An-225 Mriya”.
1. What is the NATO reporting name for Antonov An-225 Mriya?
b) Dream lifter
Explanation: The NATO reporting name for Antonov An-225 Mriya is Cossack. NATO reporting names are code names assigned to military equipment from a certain set of nations.
2. Which of the following is the registration for the single example built of the Antonov An-225?
Explanation: UR-82060 is the registration for the single example built of the Antonov An-225. Only one such aircraft has been produced till date.
3. Which of the following engine type is used to power the Antonov An-225 Mriya?
Explanation: Turbofan engines are used to power the Antonov An-225 Mriya. The aircraft uses six engines and is the heaviest aircraft ever built.
4. When was the first Antonov An-225 completed?
Explanation: The first Antonov An-225 aircraft was completed in the year 1988 and was produced keeping in mind freight transport. This was the only An-225 aircraft ever produced and was based on the Antonov An-124.
5. The An-225 is used for commercial operations by __________
a) Qatar Airways
d) Antonov Airlines
Explanation: The Antonov An-225 aircraft is used for commercial operations by Antonov Airlines. The airline is based out of Gostomel Airport in Ukraine. The aircraft is mostly used for chartered freight services.
6. Cargo on the upper fuselage of the An-225 can be 100m long.
Explanation: False, cargo on the upper fuselage of the An-225 can be 70m, approximately 230 feet long. The aircraft can carry ultra-heavy and oversize freight.
7. The An-225 comes with a swept-back horizontal stabilizer.
Explanation: True. The An-225 comes with a swept-back horizontal stabilizer. The aircraft also features a twin tail, which was essential to enable the plane to carry large and heavy external loads.
8. The An-225 first flew on __________
a) 21 December 2008
b) 21 December 1998
c) 21 December 1988
d) 21 December 2018
Explanation: The An-225 first flew on 21 December 1988. It was a 74-minute flight from Kiev. The aircraft also flew during the public days at the Farnborough air show in 1990.
9. The An-225 landing gear system consists of __________
a) 50 wheels
b) 32 wheels
c) 42 wheels
d) 28 wheels
Explanation: The An-225 landing gear system consists of 32 wheels. The system has a number of steerable wheels which enable the aircraft to turn within a 60-metre-wide runway.
10. UR-82060 is registered in Ukraine.
Explanation: True, the UR-82060 aircraft is registered in Ukraine. The aircraft is owned by Antonov Airlines, a division of the Antonov aviation company.
11. The An-225’s pressurized cargo hold is ________ in terms of volume.
a) 1,300 m3
b) 1,900 m3
c) 1,000 m3
d) 2,000 m3
Explanation: The An-225’s pressurized cargo hold is 1,300 m3 in terms of volume. The aircraft is heavier in comparison to the double-decker Airbus A380.
12. What is the maximum takeoff weight of the Antonov An-225 Mriya?
a) 640 tons
b) 740 tons
c) 700 tons
d) 400 tons
Explanation: The Antonov An-225 Mriya has a maximum take-off weight of 640 tons. The take-off weight may also be specified as 710 short tons or 630 long tons.
13. What is the maximum speed of the An-225?
a) 1,000 km/h
b) 800 km/h
c) 700 km/h
d) 850 km/h
Explanation: 850 km/h is the maximum speed of the Antonov An-225 aircraft. The aircraft offers a cruise speed of 800 km/h and requires 6 crew members to operate.
14. The An-225 has a service ceiling of __________
a) 10,000 m
b) 15,000 m
c) 11,000 m
d) 9,000 m
Explanation: The Antonov An-225 aircraft has a service ceiling of 11,000 m, which is approximately 36,000 feet. The aircraft can fly 15,400 km with maximum fuel.
15. What is the wingspan of the An-225?
Explanation: The Antonov An-225 aircraft has a wingspan of 88.4m. Further, the aircraft measures 84m in length and 18.1 in height. It has an aspect ratio of 8.6.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all exam questions on Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!