This set of Aircraft Maintenance written test Questions & Answers focuses on “Boeing Dreamlifter-2″.
1. The cargo portion of the Dreamlifter aircraft is unpressurized.
Explanation: True, the cargo portion of the Dreamlifter aircraft is unpressurized. LCF conversion of the aircraft was designed partially by Boeing’s Moscow bureau and Boeing Rocket dyne.
2. The Dreamlifter can hold_____ times the volume of a 747-400F freighter.
Explanation: The dreamlifter can hold three times the volume of a 747-400F freighter. The aircraft is used to transport aircraft components to Boeing’s assembly plants from suppliers around the world.
3. What is the volume of the 747 LCF main cargo compartment?
a) 85,000 cubic feet
b) 50,000 cubic feet
c) 65,000 cubic feet
d) 49,000 cubic feet
Explanation: The 747 LCF main cargo compartment can hold a volume of 65,000 cubic feet, which is approximately 1,840 cubic meters. The aircraft requires two crew members.
4. Which of the following engines are used on the 747 LCF?
a) Trent 800
b) Trent 700
c) PW 4062
d) PW 4098
Explanation: The Boeing 747 LCF uses PW 4062 engines. The aircraft is equipped with four engines, two being mounted on each wing.
5. The 747 Dreamlifter offers a range of _____
a) 4,200 nautical miles
b) 5,300 nautical miles
c) 6,700 nautical miles
d) 8,000 nautical miles
Explanation: The 747 Dreamlifter offers a range of 4,200 nautical miles (which is approximately 7,800 km), when fully loaded. In comparison, the 747-400 offers a range of 7,260 nautical miles, when fully loaded.
6. What is the maximum takeoff weight of the 747 Dreamlifter?
a) 664,235 kg
b) 90,235 kg
c) 464,235 kg
d) 364,235 kg
Explanation: The 747 Dreamlifter has a maximum take-off weight of 364,235 kg. The aircraft has a bulging fuselage designed to carry over sized loads.
7. The Dreamlifter reduced delivery times for the 787’s components from around 30 days to just over eight hours.
Explanation: True, the Dreamlifter reduced delivery times for the 787’s components from around 30 days to just over eight hours. It transported the wings built in Japan to the Boeing factory in Everett for final assembly.
8. The 747 Dreamlifter measures_____ in length.
a) 312 feet 3 inches
b) 185 feet 5 inches
c) 200 feet 1 inches
d) 235 feet 2 inches
Explanation: The 747 Dreamlifter measures 235 feet 2 inches in length. The aircraft is comparatively longer than the 747-400, which measures 231 feet 10 inches in length.
9. The 747 LCF engines generate a thrust of 60,000lbf.
Explanation: False, the 747 LCF engines generate a thrust of 63,300lbf. The aircraft is equipped with high-bypass turbofan engines, manufactured by Pratt & Whitney.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all written questions on Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.