This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing 777 Family of Aircrafts”.
1. Which of the following is the world’s largest twinjet?
a) Boeing 777
b) Boeing 747
c) Boeing 737
d) Boeing 787
Explanation: The Boeing 777 is the world’s largest twinjet. The aircraft is commonly referred to as Triple Seven and is powered by 2 jet engines, thus the name twinjet.
2. When is the 777X scheduled to enter service?
Explanation: The 777X is scheduled to enter service by 2020. Boeing announced the development of the third-generation of the 777, in November 2013.
3. Which of the following is not an engine choice for the 777?
a) Rolls-Royce Trent 800
b) General Electric GE90
c) Pratt & Whitney PW4000
d) Rolls-Royce Trent 700
Explanation: The Rolls-Royce Trent 700 is not an engine choice for the 777. However, Rolls-Royce Trent 800, General Electric GE90 and Pratt & Whitney PW4000 are all engine choices for the 777.
4. Which of the following was the launch customer of the 777?
b) United Airlines
c) Qatar Airways
d) Virgin Atlantic
Explanation: United Airlines was the launch customer of the 777. The aircraft entered into commercial service on 7 June 1995.
5. Which of the following is the only customer to have operated all 777 variants produced?
a) Thai Airways
b) Air India
c) British Airways
Explanation: Emirates is the only customer to have operated all 777 variants produced. The variants are -200, -200ER, -200LR, -300, -300ER, and 777F.
6. The 777 is Boeing’s first fly-by-wire airliner.
Explanation: True, the 777 is Boeing’s first fly-by-wire airliner. It has computer mediated controls and control signals are transmitted through wires.
7. The wings of the 777 also serve as fuel storage.
Explanation: True. The wings of the 777 also serve as fuel storage, longer range models can carry up to 47,890 US gallons of fuel.
8. What is the typical economy class layout in a Boeing 777?
Explanation: The typical economy class layout in a Boeing 777 is 3-4-3. The typical business class and first class layout are 2-3-2 and 1-2-1 respectively.
9. The wings of a 777 are swept back at __________ degrees for a cruise speed of Mach 0.83.
a) 316 degrees
b) 31.6 degrees
c) 0.316 degrees
d) 3.16 degrees
Explanation: The wings of a 777 are swept back at 31.6 degrees, for a cruise speed of Mach 0.83. The cruise speed was revised up to Mach 0.84 after flight tests.
10. The Boeing 777 offers a range up to 10,000nmi.
Explanation: False. The Boeing 777 offers a range up to 8,555nmi, which is approximately 15,844kms. The aircraft is mostly used on long haul routes.
11. Which of the following aircraft holds the record for the longest non-stop flight of a passenger airliner?
a) Boeing 777-200LR
b) Boeing 777-200ER
c) Boeing 777F
d) Boeing 777X
Explanation: The Boeing 777-200LR holds the record for the longest non-stop flight of a passenger airliner. It flew 11,664nmifrom Hong Kong to London in 22 hours and 42 minutes and was logged in the Guinness World Records.
12. What is the maximum speed of the 777?
a) Mach 0.87
b) Mach 0.087
c) Mach 8.7
d) Mach 87
Explanation: Maximum speed of the 777 was Mach 0.87. Cruise speed for the aircraft is Mach 0.84. Take-off speed is between 165 to 215mph.
13. Boeing delivered the 100th 777 to __________
a) Air Canada
b) Malaysia Airlines
Explanation: Boeing delivered the 100th 777 to Emirates. The aircraft was unveiled at a factory ceremony in March 2012.
14. The 777F first flew on __________
a) July 14, 2019
b) July 14, 2000
c) July 14, 2008
d) July 14, 2010
Explanation: The 777F first flew on July 14, 2008. It is a freighter variant of the Boeing 777. Air France was the launch customer for the 777F.
15. What is the ICAO designation for the Boeing 777-300?
Explanation: The ICAO designation for the Boeing 777-300 is B773. Other ICAO aircraft notations include 773ER and 773 for the -300ER.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!