This set of Aircraft Maintenance Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boeing 767 Family of Aircraft’s”.
1. Which of the following was Boeing’s first wide-body twinjet?
a) Boeing 767
b) Boeing 747
c) Boeing 737
d) Boeing 787
Explanation: The Boeing 767 was Boeing’s first wide-body twinjet. It was also the company’s first aircraft with a two-crew glass cockpit.
2. Which of the following is the longest range version of the 767?
Explanation: The 767-200ER is the longest range version of the 767. The aircraft first entered service in 1984 and offered an increased range due to an additional center fuel tank.
3. Which of the following provides power to the 767-400ER?
a) Rolls-Royce Trent 800
b) General Electric GE90
c) General Electric CF6 engines
d) Rolls-Royce Trent 700
Explanation: The General Electric CF6 engines provides power to the 767-400ER. The aircraft entered service with Continental Airlines in 2000, and features an updated cockpit along with 777 style signature interior.
4. Which of the following airlines placed the first order for the 767-300?
b) Japan Airlines
c) Qatar Airways
d) Virgin Atlantic
Explanation: Japan Airlines was the first airline to place an order for the 767-300. The 747-300 entered service with Japan Airlines on 20 October 1986.
5. Which of the following is the ICAO code for the Boeing 767-200?
Explanation: B762 is the ICAO code for the Boeing 767-200. Similarly, B763 and B764 are the ICAO codes for the Boeing 767-300 and Boeing 767-400ER respectively.
6. The Boeing 767 is produced in two fuselage lengths.
Explanation: False, the Boeing 767 is produced in three fuselage lengths. It is a mid to long range aircraft, built by Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
7. The 767 and 757 have a common type rating.
Explanation: True. The 767 and 757 have a common type rating, as development of the 767 occurred in tandem with 757. The aircrafts have shared design features which allow pilots to obtain a common type rating to operate both aircraft.
8. What is the typical economy class layout in a Boeing 767?
Explanation: The typical economy class layout in a Boeing 767 is 2-3-2. The typical business class layout is 1-2-1. The aircraft featured a two aisle cabin having a typical seating configuration of seven abreast in economy class.
9. The wings of a 767 are swept back at __________ degrees for a cruise speed of Mach 0.8.
a) 315 degrees
b) 31.5 degrees
c) 0.315 degrees
d) 3.15 degrees
Explanation: The wings of a 767 are swept back at 31.5 degrees, for a cruise speed of Mach 0.8. The aircraft is a low-wing cantilever monoplane.
10. The 767 became the first aircraft to receive CAT IIIb certification.
Explanation: True. The 767 was the first aircraft to receive CAT IIIb certification, from the FAA, in 1984. It allows the aircraft for landings with 980 feet minimum visibility.
11. Which of the following is not an operator of the 767?
b) UPS Airlines
c) United Airlines
d) Japan Airlines
Explanation: Vistara is not an operator of the 767. However, UPS Airlines, United Airlines and Japan Airlines are all major operators of the 767.
12. What is the maximum speed of the 767, at 39,000 feet?
Explanation: Maximum speed of the 767, at 39,000 feet is 486kn, which is approximately 900 km/h. The aircraft has a cruise speed of 459kn, along with a ceiling height of 43,100 feet.
13. Which of the following is the 767 passenger variant’s successor?
b) 737 MAX
Explanation: 787 is the 767 passenger variant’s successor. However, non-passenger variants of the 767 still remain in production as of 2019.
14. The 767 was code named __________
Explanation: The 767 was code named 7X7. The aircraft was intended to replace the 707 and other early generation narrow-body jets.
15. Which of the following airlines took delivery of the first 767?
a) United Airlines
c) Air Asia
d) Etihad Airways
Explanation: United Airlines took delivery of the first 767, on 19 August 1982. The aircraft was equipped with JT9D engines and first flew on the Chicago-to-Denver route.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Aircraft Maintenance.
To practice all areas of Aircraft Maintenance, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!