This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Multiple Channel Data Acquisition System”.
1. Multichannel data acquisition system has __________
a) multiple channels
b) single channel
c) two channels
d) five channels
Explanation: A multichannel data acquisition system has multiple channels. The various subsystems can be shared in terms of time by more than two or more input sources.
2. How many types of multiplexed system exist?
Explanation: In general there are three types of multiplexed systems. They are as follows:
• Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System
• Multiplexing Output of Sample/Hold Circuits
• Multiplexing after A/D Conversion.
3. Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System is __________
a) very fast
Explanation: The Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System is one type of multiplexed system. It is comparatively slow. As it shares more than one channel, the cost is less.
4. Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System utilises time __________
a) using a transformer
b) using a capacitor
c) using a flip-flop
d) using a mux
Explanation: Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System is one type of multiplexed system. It makes use of a multiplexer (mux) to utilise the time. The previous data stored in the sample and hold circuit gets converted into digital form.
5. In a Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System __________
a) A/D converter is used
b) D/A converter is used
c) Sigma delta converter is used
d) Modulator is used
Explanation: In a Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System, individual analog signals are applied directly. The signals are amplified and conditioned. An A/D converter then converts the signals into digital form.
6. In a Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System, data stored in sample and hold circuit is converted into analog form.
Explanation: The Multichannel Analog Multiplexed System, converts the previous data stored in the sample and hold circuit into digital form. Upon data collection, mode of the sample and hold circuit is changed to hold mode.
7. Many channels can be monitored at the same time by __________
b) A/D conversion
d) D/A conversion
Explanation: Monitoring of a number of channels can be done at the same time by multiplexing the outputs of the sample and hold circuit.
8. Multiplexing after A/D conversion involves _____________
a) noisy data
b) mixed signal data
c) analog data
d) digital data
Explanation: Multiplexing after A/D conversion is also known as fast data acquisition. Digital data performs the logical operation and depending on the relative speed, the scan rate can be increased or decreased.
9. Multiplexing after A/D conversion provides immunity to noise.
Explanation: Multiplexing after A/D conversion involves the transformation of analog signal into digital form. Data transmission provides, immunity from line frequency and other interferences.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Electrical Measurements.
To practice all areas of Electrical Measurements, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!