Our 1000+ Electric Drives questions and answers focuses on all areas of Electric Drives subject covering 100+ topics in Electric Drives. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Electric Drives. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Electric Drives comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Electric Drives interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Electric Drives with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Electric Drives Subject
Who should Practice these Electric Drives Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Electric Drives Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Electric Drives
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
1. Questions & Answers on Dynamics of Electrical Drives
The section contains questions and answers on loads types, speed quadrantal diagram, load torques that depends on path or position of load during motion, motor load combination dynamics, moment of inertia determination, electric drives steady state and transient stability.
2. Questions on Characteristics of DC & AC Motors
The section contains questions on dc motors basic relations and characteristics, dc shunt motors speed torque characteristics, modified characteristics applications, armature terminal voltage control, three phase induction and synchronous motors.
3. Questions & Answers on Starting
The section contains questions and answers on power supply starting effect, starting electric motors methods, acceleration time, energy relations and energy loss reduce methods during starting.
Effect of Starting on Power Supply, Motor and Load
Methods of Starting Electric Motors
Energy Relations During Starting
Methods to Reduce the Energy Loss During Starting
4. Questions on Speed Control of Direct Current Motors & Induction Motors
The section contains questions on shunt and series motor speed control, speed control basic principles, speed controlling using rotor resistance and inductance , rotor voltage injection, slip energy recovery, current source speed control, voltage/frequency control, speed controlling by adjusting stator voltage and supply frequency.
5. Questions & Answers on Braking of Electric Motors
The section contains questions and answers on electric motors braking like regenerative braking, dynamic and countercurrent braking.
6. Questions on Braking of DC Motors & Induction Motors
The section contains questions on dc shunt and series motors regenerative braking, dynamic braking of dc shunt and series motors, dc shunt motors countercurrent braking, 3-phase im regenerative braking and dynamic braking.
Regenerative Braking of DC Shunt Motors
Regenerative Braking of DC Series Motors
Dynamic Braking of DC Shunt Motors
Dynamic Braking of DC Series Motors
Countercurrent Braking of DC Shunt Motors
Regenerative Braking (3-phase IM)
7. Questions & Answers on Rating and Heating of Motors
The section contains questions and answers on heating effects, loading conditions and duty classes, load inertia effect, electric motors determination, load equalisation and environmental factors.
Loading Conditions and Classes of Duty
Determination of Power Rating of Electric Motors for Different Applications
Effect of Load Inertia
8. Questions on Introduction to Solid State Controlled Drives
The section contains questions on dc and ac motor systems, switch-reluctance motor drives and brushless dc motors.
DC Motor Systems
AC Motor Systems
Switch-Reluctance Motor Drives
Brushless DC Motors
9. Questions & Answers on Introduction to Solid-State Devices
The section contains questions and answers on solid state devices transistors and thyristors, power electronic devices ratings, di/dt and dv/dt protections.
Ratings of Power Electronic Devices
di/dt and dv/dt Protection
10. Questions on Introduction to Solid-State Switching Circuits
The section contains questions on single phase, half-wave, ac/dc conversion for resistive loads and inductive loads without freewheeling diode, three phase, full-wave, ac/dc conversions, conversions like dc/dc and dc/ac conversion, three-phase energy recovery systems and current source inverter.
11. Questions & Answers on Solar and Battery Powered Drives
The section contains questions and answers on solar panels, solar powered pump drives and vehicles.
Solar Powered Pump Drives
|Solar Powered Vehicles|
12. Questions on Traction Drives
The section contains questions on electric traction services, traction load nature, traction drives power factor and harmonics.
Electric Traction Services
Nature of Traction Load
|Power Factor and Harmonics|
13. Questions & Answers on Electrical Drive Systems and Components
The section contains questions and answers on electrical drive systems, sequence operations and protection.
|Electrical Drive Systems||Sequence Operations and Protection|
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Electric Drives!