Our 1000+ Design of Electrical Machines questions and answers focuses on all areas of Design of Electrical Machines subject covering 100+ topics in Design of Electrical Machines. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Design of Electrical Machines. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Design of Electrical Machines comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Design of Electrical Machines interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Design of Electrical Machines with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Design of Electrical Machines Subject
Who should Practice these Design of Electrical Machines Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Design of Electrical Machines Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Design of Electrical Machines
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Design of Electrical Machines Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Electrical Engineering Materials
The section contains questions and answers on electrical conducting materials, high conductivity materials, temperature rise, magnetic and insulating materials.
Electrical Conducting Materials
High Conductivity Materials
Temperature Rise and Insulating Materials
2. Questions on Thermal Design Aspects of Electrical Machines & D.C. Machines
The section contains questions on machines rating, armature design, commutator and brushes design, dc machines output equation design, poles number selection and pole design.
Rating of Machines
Design of Armature
Design of Commutator and Brushes
Design of Output Equations
Selection of Number of Poles
3. Questions & Answers on Design of Transformers
The section contains questions and answers on window space factor, core and winding design, transformers temperature rise, tank design, transformers cooling methods and overall dimensions.
Window Space Factor
Design of Core and Winding – 1
Design of Core and Winding – 2
Temperature Rise in Transformers
Design of Tank
Methods of Cooling of Transformers
Overall Dimensions – 1
Overall Dimensions – 2
4. Questions on Three Phase Induction Motor
The section contains questions on three phase induction motor dimensions, rotor bars and slots design, wound rotor design, no load current, dispersion coefficient, stator windings, losses and efficiency.
Design of Rotor Bars and Slots
Design of End Rings
Design of Wound Rotor
No Load Current
Losses and Efficiency
5. Questions & Answers on Design of Synchronous Machines
The section contains questions and answers on synchronous machines types, hydro generators construction, turbo alternators construction, armature design, field winding design, rotor design, losses and temperature rise, synchronous machines output equation and slot dimensions.
6. Questions on Design of Permanent Magnet (PM) DC Motors
The section contains questions on design preliminaries, design steps and considerations of permanent magnet dc motors.
Design Steps and Considerations – 1
|Design Steps and Considerations – 2|
7. Questions & Answers on Design of Electromagnets
The section contains questions and answers on electromagnets types, electromagnets construction and magnet coils design.
Types of Electromagnets
Construction of Electromagnets
|Design of Magnet Coils|
8. Questions on Design of Current Transformers (CT)
The section contains questions on current transformers errors and construction, design principles and turns compensation.
Current Transformers Construction
9. Questions & Answers on Aspects of Design of Mechanical Parts
The section contains questions and answers on shaft design, bearings, ac and dc machines frames, rotor windings bracing and fan design.
Design of Shaft
Frames of D.C. & A.C. Machines
Bracing of Rotor Windings
Design of Fan
10. Questions on Design of Single Phase Induction Motor
The section contains questions on motor types, single phase induction motor construction and output equations, stator and rotor design, single phase induction motor parameters and operating characteristics.
Types of Motor
Single Phase Induction Motor Construction
Design of Stator
Design of Rotor
11. Questions & Answers on Design of Small Electrical Machines, Starters and Field Regulators
The section contains questions and answers on small reluctance motor and small universal commutator designs, motor starters, calculation of resistance steps & field regulators design.
Design of a Small Reluctance Motor
Design of Small Universal Commutator Motors
|Motor Starters, Calculation of Resistance Steps & Design of Field Regulators|
12. Questions on Computer Application in Electrical Machine Design
The section contains questions on computer aided design, transformers computer aided design, dc motor and synchronous machine designs.
|Computer Aided Design & Computer Aided Design of Transformers||Design of Dc Motor & Synchronous Machine|
13. Questions & Answers on Fundamental Aspects of Electrical Machine Design
The section contains questions and answers on machines designs, designs limitations, machine design modern trends and magnetic leakage.
|Design of Machines, Limitations in Design||Modern Trends in Machine Design & Magnetic Leakage|
14. Questions on Principles of Magnetic Circuit Design
The sections covers questions on iron losses determination, slot leakage, pulsation losses, leakages types, field form, flux distribution curve harmonic analysis, specific permeance and magnetizing current calculations.
Determination of Iron Losses & Slot Leakage
Pulsation Losses & Types of Leakages
Specific Permeance & Calculation of Magnetizing Current
Field Form, Harmonic Analysis of Flux Distribution Curve
15. Questions & Answers on General Concepts and Constraints in Design of Rotating Machines
The section contains questions and answers on relation between rating and dimensions, rotating machines output variation, standard frames, separation of d and l.
|Relation Between Rating, Dimensions, Variation of Output of Rotating Machines||Separation of D and L, Standard Frames|
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Design of Electrical Machines!