This set of Basic Electrical Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Selectivity”.
1. Shape of the resonance curve depends upon the?
d) Either voltage or current
Explanation: The shape of the resonance curve depends on the Q factor because of the equation:
Q=Resonance frequency / Bandwidth. Sharp resonance means high quality factor.
2. A circuit is said to be selective if it has a _____ peak and ____ bandwidth.
a) Blunt, narrow
b) Sharp, narrow
c) Sharp, broad
d) Blunt, broad
Explanation: For a circuit to be selective, it should have high quality factor. And we know that for high quality factor, resonance frequency should be high(peak should be sharp) and bandwidth should be narrow.
3. What is the Q factor of a selective circuit?
a) Very low
b) Very high
Explanation: For a circuit to be selective, it should have high quality factor. It should have a sharp peak with narrow bandwidth.
4. In selective circuits, higher the Q factor _________ the peak.
c) Neither sharper nor blunter
d) Either sharper or blunter
Explanation: Q=Resonance frequency / Bandwidth.
Higher the quality factor, sharper the peak of resonance curve.
5. Q is a measure of _________
d) Either resonance or bandwidth
Explanation: For a circuit to be selective, it should have a high quality factor. It should have a sharp peak with narrow bandwidth.
6. In selective circuits, the resonant frequency lies in the ________ of the bandwidth frequency range.
d) Cannot be determined
Explanation: In selective circuits, the resonant frequency lies in the midpoint of the bandwidth frequency range.
7. In order for high selectivity, the resistance must be?
Explanation: For high selectivity, the Q factor should be large and for Q factor to be large, the resistance would be small because Q is inversely proportional to the resistance.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Basic Electrical Engineering.
To practice all areas of Basic Electrical Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Basic Electrical Engineering
- Participate in Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Basic Electrical Engineering
- Take Basic Electrical Engineering Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10