In this article, we will explore what a Basic Electrical Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Basic Electrical Engineering by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Basic Electrical Engineering certification?
A Basic Electrical Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Basic Electrical Engineering. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- D.C and A.C circuits.
- principle of operation and construction of single phase transformers.
- electrical wiring, circuit protection devices, and earthing.
- Ohm’s law and Kirchhoff’s laws that are used for the analysis of DC circuits.
- AC circuits fundamental and the behavior of R, L and C and their combinations in AC circuits.
- three phase balanced circuits.
- principle of operation, construction, and performance of electrical machines.
- single-phase transformer, DC machines, synchronous generator, and three phase induction motor.
- electrical wiring, circuit protection devices, and earthing.
- power distribution analysis
- design of simple electrical circuits and constructing series and parallel configuration of circuits with sources and variable loads.
- principles of electrical machines and their efficiency.
- metering principles, and safety measures while working with electrical circuits.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Electrical Engineering?
A certification in Basic Electrical Engineering is a great start for anyone who wants to make a career in the field of electrical engineering. There are many different types of certifications, like the free certification offered by Sanfoundry which focuses on the fundamentals of electricity, basic concepts like current and voltage, as well as how to use them in circuits and systems.
What type of job can I get with a Basic Electrical Engineering certification?
The types of jobs that you can get with a Basic Electrical Engineering certification include Power System Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Power System Designer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical engineer, Electrical design, Electrical testing and commissioning, Electrical installation and maintenance, Electronics technician, Electronic design and development (EDA), Electronic testing, troubleshooting and repair, Electronic assembly and fabrication
What topics are covered in the Basic Electrical Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Syllabus|
|Simple DC Networks||Power||Energy|
|Network Theorems||Nodal Analysis||Maximum Power Transfer|
|Capacitance and Capacitors||Dielectric Strength||Growth and Decay|
|Electromagnetism||Force Determination||Magnetic Field|
|Simple Magnetic Circuits||Reluctance||Relative Permeability|
|Inductance in a DC Circuit||Alternating Voltage and Current||Coupling Coefficient|
|Single Phase Series Circuits||Network Theorems Applied to AC Networks||Resistance and Capacitance in Series|
|Resonance in AC Circuits||Single-Phase Parallel Networks||Quality Factor|
A Basic Electrical Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual's proficiency in Basic Electrical Engineering.
What are the benefits of obtaining a Basic Electrical Engineering certification?
Benefits of getting a Basic Electrical Engineering certification include demonstrating expertise in the subject and increasing competitiveness in the job market. It can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.
Sanfoundry Basic Electrical Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Basic Electrical Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Basic Electrical Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Basic Electrical Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Basic Electrical Engineering MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Basic Electrical Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Basic Electrical Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Basic Electrical Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Basic Electrical Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Basic Electrical Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Basic Electrical Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Basic Electrical Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Basic Electrical Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Basic Electrical Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Basic Electrical Engineering.
7. Which online Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Basic Electrical Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Basic Electrical Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Basic Electrical Engineering certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Basic Electrical Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Basic Electrical Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Basic Electrical Engineering Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Basic Electrical Engineering MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Basic Electrical Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Basic Electrical Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Basic Electrical Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Basic Electrical Engineering certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.