This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Network Security”.
1. The field that covers a variety of computer networks, both public and private, that are used in everyday jobs.
a) Artificial Intelligence
c) Network Security
Explanation: Network security covers a variety of computer networks, both private and public. Everyday jobs like conducting transactions and communications among business and government agencies etc.
2. Network Security provides authentication and access control for resources.
Explanation: The statement is true. AFS is an example. It helps us protect vital information.
3. Which is not an objective of network security?
c) Access control
Explanation: The Identification, Authentication and Access control are the objectives of network security. There is no such thing called lock.
4. Which of these is a part of network identification?
Explanation: The answer is UserID. UserID is a part of identification. UserID can be a combination of username, user student number etc.
5. The process of verifying the identity of a user.
Explanation: It is called an authentication. It is typically based on passwords, smart card, fingerprint, etc.
6. A concern of authentication that deals with user rights.
a) General access
b) Functional authentication
c) Functional authorization
d) Auto verification
Explanation: Functional authorization is concerned with individual user rights. Authorization is the function of specifying access rights to resources related to information security.
7. CHAP stands for?
a) Challenge Handshake authentication protocol
b) Challenge Hardware authentication protocol
c) Circuit Hardware authentication protocol
d) Circuit Handshake authentication protocol
Explanation: CHAP stands for Challenge Handshake authentication protocol. Features of CHAP: plaintext, memorized token. Protocol uses Telnet, HTTP.
8. Security features that control that can access resources in the OS.
d) Access control
Explanation: Access control refers to the security features. Applications call access control to provide resources.
9. An algorithm in encryption is called _____________
Explanation: An algorithm used in encryption is referred to as a cipher. cipher is an algorithm for performing encryption or decryption
10. The information that gets transformed in encryption is ____________
a) Plain text
b) Parallel text
c) Encrypted text
d) Decrypted text
Explanation: The text that gets transformed is called plain text. The algorithm used is called cipher.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.