This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Output Devices”.
1. Input Devices that use a special ink that contains magnetizable particles of iron oxide are ____
a) Optical disks
b) Magnetic disks
d) Magnetic drives
Explanation: MICR reads data on cheques and sorts them for distribution to other banks or for further processing. MICR stands for Magnetic-Ink-Character Recognition.
2. MICR character set consists of only 2 digits 0 and 1.
Explanation: The statement is false. It consists of numerals from 0 to 9 and 4 special characters. It supports only 14 symbols.
3. A printer that prints one line at a time and has a predefined set of characters is called _______
Explanation: The drum printers print one line at a time. They have a cylindrical drum with characters embossed on its surface in the form of circular bands.
4. Which of the following is a name of plotter as well as a printer?
Explanation: Drum is the name of a plotter as well as a printer. Drum printers have a predefined set of characters and print one line at a time. Drum plotters is an ideal device for architects and others who need to generate high-precision hard copy graphics output of widely varying sizes.
5. Name the device that converts text information into spoken sentences.
a) Speech Sensors
b) Compact convertors
c) Speech Synthesizers
d) Voice systems
Explanation: A speech synthesizer converts text information into spoken sentences. It is used for reading out text information to blind people. Allowing people to communicate effectively.
6. Which of the following is not a part of a digitizer?
a) Digitizing tablet
Explanation: A digitizer consists of a digitizing tablet, a stylus in the form of a cross-hair cursor. A digitizer is used in the areas of GIS.
7. Which is the device used for converting maps, pictures and drawings into digital form for storage in computers?
c) Image Scanner
Explanation: A digitizer serves the purpose given in the question. Digitizers are generally used in the area of Computer Aided Design by architects and engineers to design cars, buildings, etc.
8. The process in which a file is partitioned into smaller parts and different parts are stored in different disks is called _________
d) RAID classification
Explanation: Enhanced reliability is achieved by using techniques like mirroring and stripping in case of disk arrays. Stripping is the division of a large file into smaller parts and then storing them on different disks.
9. Which of the following Printers have a speed in the range of 40-300 characters per second?
c) Dot matrix
Explanation: The inkjet printers are non-impact printers. Hence, they cannot produce multiple copies of a document in a single printing. Can be both monochrome and color.
10. Which of the following is a temporary output?
a) Hard copy
b) Soft copy
c) Duplicate copy
d) On paper
Explanation: There are only two types of outputs: hard copy and soft copy. Soft copy output is temporary and vanishes after use. Hard copy output is permanent in nature and can be kept in paper files, etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.