This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Documentation”.
1. STD stands for ____________
a) Software Test Documents
b) System Test Documents
c) Software Traced Documents
d) System Traced Documents
Explanation: STD which stands for Software test documents is a part of Software Process Documentation. Several other terms used in documentation are SDP, SRS, etc.
2. The SRS describes what the system should do with words and figures.
Explanation: The statement is true. SRS stands for Software Requirements Specifications. It describes what the system should do in theoretical terms.
3. _______ is part of user documentation.
a) Class diagram
b) Use case
c) Code comment
d) Installation guide
Explanation: Installation guide is a part of user documentation. It also comprises of user manual, installation guide, Wiki and the online documentation and help.
4. The process of maintaining a record of project development and maintenance.
a) Process documentation
b) Product documentation
c) User documentation
d) System documentation
Explanation: It is called as process documentation only. It contains the plans, schedules, etc. It also contains the gantt chart.
5. This describes the objectives of a product and set out the constraints.
Explanation: Software development plan describes the objectives of the project and sets the constraints. It comprises risk analysis, work breakdown, monitoring and reporting mechanisms, etc.
6. ____________ provide the detailed, specific application being developed.
a) System models
Explanation: Appendices provide the detailed, specific application being developed. It includes hardware and database descriptions. Hardware requirements include minimal and optimal configurations of a system.
7. Which of the following should describe the technical terms used in the document?
c) user requirements
d) system architecture
Explanation: Glossary should describe the technical terms used in the document. In this, the writer shouldn’t make assumptions about the experience and expertise of the reader.
8. The services provided for the user are described in which section?
a) System requirements
b) User requirements
c) System models
Explanation: The services provided by the software for the user are described in this section. The non-functional requirements should also be described in this section.
9. ______________ architecture provides a high-level overview of the anticipated system architecture.
Explanation: System architecture shows the description and distribution functions across system modules. Architectural components that are reused should be highlighted.
10. The graphical models showing the relationships between the system and its environment.
a) System models
b) Software models
c) Class models
d) User models
Explanation: System models describe the relationships between various entities. It comprises of various models like data flow, use case, semantic data models etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.