This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “File Management”.
1. A basic element of data in a file.
Explanation: Fields are the basic elements of data in a file. e.g. student’s last name. It contains a single value.
2. Records are treated as a unit.
Explanation: The statement is true. Records are a collection of related fields. They are treated as a unit.
3. __________________ refers to the logical structuring of records.
a) Physical organisation
b) Logical organisation
c) Structural organisation
d) File organisation
Explanation: File organisation refers to the logical structuring of records. It is determined bi the way in which files are accessed.
4. Which of the following is not an appropriate criterion for file organisation?
a) Larger access time
b) ease of update
c) simple maintenance
d) economy of storage
Explanation: The answer is Larger access time. The access time should be short. It is an important criteria for file organisation.
5. ___________ itself is a file owned by the operating system
a) Logical file
Explanation: Directory is the file owned by the operating system. File directory contains various important information.
6. Which of the following isn’t a part of the file directory?
Explanation: File directory contains important information like: Attributes, Location and Ownership.
7. Allocated size of a file comes under?
a) basic information
b) address information
c) access control information
d) usage information
Explanation: Allocated size comes under the address information of a file. Address information consists of volume, starting address, size used and size allocated.
8. Which of the following is not a part of the usage information?
a) data created
b) identity of creator
d) last date modified
Explanation: Owner is a part of the access control information. Other options are a part of usage information of a file.
9. When access is granted to append or update a file to more than one user, the OS or file management system must enforce discipline. This is _________
a) Simultaneous access
c) External Fragmentation
Explanation: When access is granted to append or update a file to more than one user, the OS or file management system must enforce discipline. It is referred as simultaneous access.
10. The user can load and execute a program but cannot copy it. This process is?
Explanation: Execution is a process that user can load and execute a program but cannot copy it. Other processes are updation, changing protection, etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10