This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Boolean Functions”.
1. Boolean Function is of the form of ________
a) Truth values
c) Algebraic Expression
d) Truth Table
Explanation: The boolean function is of the form of algebraic expressions or truth table. A boolean function is of the form as that of option K=f(X,Y,X). The result obtained from a boolean function can be a truth value or a fallacy.
2. The result of X+X.Y is X.
Explanation: This is a boolean expression. It can be evaluated as :
X+X.Y = X(1+Y) = X.
Since 1+Y=1 by boolean laws.
3. In the boolean function w=f(X,Y,Z), what is the RHS referred to as ________
a) right hand side
Explanation: The RHS is commonly referred to as the expression. The symbols X, Y and Z are commonly referred to as the literals of the function.
4. The general form for calculating the number of rows in a truth table is ________
Explanation: The general form for the calculation of rows in a truth table is 2n . Here, n= number of literals in the function.
5. The number of literals in the expression F=X.Y’ + Z are _____________
Explanation: Literals the generally the number of variables used in any boolean expression. Here, since there are 3 variables X, Y and Z, therefore the answer is 3.
6. The complement term for X’.Y’.Z + X.Y will be _____________
Explanation: The OR and AND operators are interchanged. The complement terms are reduced to normal terms and the result is obtained.
7. What is the complement of X’Y’Z?
Explanation: The complement is obtained by converting the complement terms to normal terms and vice versa. Also, the OR and AND operators are interchanged. Here, X’Y’Z gets converted to X+Y+Z’.
8. The minterm of any expression is denoted by ___________
Explanation: The variables forming an AND term is generally the minterm. It is denoted by m. (lower case letter).
9. The min term when X=Y=Z=0 is _____________
Explanation: There minterm expression is obtained using the AND term. Here, when X=Y=Z=0, the expression obtained is x’y’z’.
10. The max term when X=Y=Z=1 is ________
Explanation: The max term consists of variables forming an OR term. Here, when X=Y=Z=1, the expression is x’+y’+z’.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10