This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Spreadsheet Package”.
1. In a spreadsheet, letters are used to represent _____________
Explanation: In any spreadsheet, the letters are used to represent columns. The numbers are used to represent rows.
2. Cells are identified by a combination of letters and numbers.
Explanation: The statement is true. A combination of the row number and column letter gives us the cell address.
3. A numeric data analysis tool that allows us to create a computerized ledger.
a) Word processing package
b) Spreadsheet package
c) Graphics package
d) Mathematical Package
Explanation: A spreadsheet package is the numeric data analysis tool. It is useful for any numerical analysis problem whose data can be organized as rows and columns.
4. Which of the following isn’t a part of a spreadsheet?
a) row number
b) column number
c) column letter
d) cell address
Explanation: The answer is column number. There are no column numbers in a spreadsheet. Columns are represented using letters.
5. Spreadsheets cannot:
a) do calculations
b) create graphics
c) plot graphs
d) plot charts
Explanation: Spreadsheets are not meant to create graphics. They can do all sorts of calculations, plot charts and graphs, etc.
6. ______________ help us to see patterns.
Explanation: Charts in spreadsheets give us a picture of our data. It can help us to see patterns as well.
7. An easier way to set up complicated calculations.
Explanation: Functions make it easier to set up complicated calculations. Various formulae can also be used.
8. The cell that is in use.
a) Highlighted cell
b) Main cell
c) Active cell
d) Formula cell
Explanation: It is called the active cell. The address of the active cell is shown in the formula bar.
9. The placement of information within a cell at the left edge, right edge, or centered is :
Explanation: The correct option is Alignment. The left, right and center positioning is defined by the alignment.
10. A change in the appearance of a value or label in a cell.
Explanation: Formatting is the term used whenever there are changes in the appearance of a value or label.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10