This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Pseudo Code”.
1. Keep the statement language ______________ while writing a pseudo code.
c) Case sensitive
Explanation: The statement’s language should be independent. Other rules are to write only one statement per line and end multiline structures.
2. Capitalize initial keyword – This is a rule while writing a pseudo code.
Explanation: The statement is true. It is an important rule to capitalize the initial keyword while writing a pseudo code.
3. Which of the following is not a keyword?
Explanation: Start is not a Keyword. Other words like read, write, if, else, etc are keywords and convey a special meaning.
4. ______________ is used to show hierarchy in a pseudo code.
b) Curly Braces
c) Round Brackets
Explanation: Each design structure uses a particular indentation pattern.
Indentation should be considered in the following cases:
5. The statement that tells the computer to get a value from an input device and store it in a memory location.
Explanation: The READ statement is used to take the input. READ being a keyword should be in capital letters.
6. _____________ are identified by their addresses, we give them names (field names / variable names) using words.
a) Memory variables
b) Memory Locations
c) Memory Addresses
d) Data variables
Explanation: Memory locations are identified by their addresses, we give them names (field names/variable names) using words descriptive to us such as ctr as opposed to a location addresses such as 19087.
7. ____________ begins with lower case letters.
Explanation: Variables begin with a lowercase. They contain no spaces. They also involve the consistent use of names.
8. Another notation for exponentiation.
Explanation: Double asterisk sign is also used for exponentiation. The general notation is ^ sign.
9. A symbol used for grouping.
d) ” ”
Explanation: Parenthesis is used for grouping while working with fields. There are other symbols like *, +, -, **, etc.
10. A statement used to close the IF block.
Explanation: The answer is ENDIF. It is used to close the IF block. ENDIF statement should be in line with the IF statement.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.