This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Multiprogramming”.
1. A __________is a set of instructions which is prepared to perform a specific assignment if executed by a computer.
Explanation: A set of meaningful instructions is called a program. A program is basically designed to perform any function assigned to it.
2. A program is an active entity.
Explanation: The statement is false. A program is not an active entity. It is completely passive.
3. What is responsible for creating a process from a program?
Explanation: OS is responsible for creating a process from a program. OS stands for operating system. A process is created in order to be executed by using computer facilities.
4. This cycle, of going through __________ states of running and input/output, may be repeated over and over, until the job is completed.
Explanation: The answer is process states. The cycle of going through process states can be repeated over and over again until the job is completed or the process gets aborted.
5. The wait fraction is represented by __________
Explanation: Wait fraction of a processor is represented by w. It is also known as the processor wait ratio.
6. Processor wait ratio is given by ________
Explanation: Processor wait ratio is represented by w. It is given by :
7. What does ‘b’ represent in a processor wait ratio?
a) input ratio
b) output ratio
c) average time
d) average I/O time
Explanation: It represents the average I/O time. Average execution time with single programming is given by e.
8. A technique that allows more than one program to be ready for execution and provides the ability to switch from one process to another.
Explanation: Multiprogramming is the concept implemented for execution and provides the ability to switch from one task to the other.
9. Multiprogramming is mainly accomplished by:
Explanation : The OS is mainly responsible for multiprogramming. The hardware provides the specific circuitry that may be used by the operating system.
10. The technique that increases the system’s productivity.
Explanation: Multiprogramming increases the productivity. By increasing the CPU utilization other devices’s utilization is also increased.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.