This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “File Management Systems”.
1. MFD stands for?
a) Main File Directory
b) Memory File Directory
c) Master File Directory
d) Master Format Directory
Explanation: MFD is Master File Directory. MFD lists names and characteristics of every file in volume. It also lists any subdirectories.
2. The users are allowed to read information in directories.
Explanation: The statement is true. Directories maintain the hierarchical structure of the file system.
3. ___________ is created when a user opens an account in the computer system.
Explanation: A subdirectory is created when a user opens an account in the computer system. It is treated as a file, though flagged in MFD as subdirectory.
4. A filename without path information.
a) File name
b) Complete filename
c) Directory name
d) Relative filename
Explanation: The answer is Relative filename. A relative filename is a name without path information. It appears in the directory listings, folders.
5. Two or three characters appended to relative filename separated by a period.
Explanation: Extensions are added to filenames. The extensions help in identifying the file type.
6. Files that maintain the hierarchical structure of the file system.
d) Relative files
Explanation: Directories are the files that maintain the hierarchical structure of the file system. The users are allowed to read information in directories.
7. Files in which users store information?
a) Info files
b) Ordinary files
c) Special files
d) Complex files
Explanation: The answer is Ordinary files. Users store information in ordinary files. Their protections is based on user requests and are related to various file functions.
8. The files that appear as entries in the directories.
a) Ordinary files
b) Special files
c) Duplicate files
d) Sub directories
Explanation: The special files appear as entries in the directories. They are the device drivers providing i/O hardware interface.
9. Number of regions of the disk in a UNIX files management system.
Explanation: There are 4 regions in which the disk is divided. The first is for booting, second contains the disk size, third includes the list of definitions and the remaining region contains the free blocks available.
10. Several instructions execution simultaneously in _________
b) parallel processing
c) serial processing
Explanation: The answer is parallel processing. In parallel processing, the several instructions are executed simultaneously.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.