In this article, we will explore what a Computer Fundamental certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Computer Fundamental by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Computer Fundamental certification?
A Computer Fundamental certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Computer Fundamental. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- computer hardware and software, its components, and operating systems.
- fundamentals of computer, arithmetic logic gates, languages, operating system, algorithm, and flowcharts.
- concepts of arithmetic operators, relational and logical operators, type conversion, formatted input and output.
- control flow and program structure, the concept of arrays, structure, and union.
- evaluation of arithmetic operation in any number system.
- simplification of the Boolean expression using K-Map and tabulation techniques.
- usage of Boolean simplification techniques to design a combinational hardware circuit.
- analysis and design of circuits and systems made from digital electronic circuit elements such as gates and flip-flops.
- familiarity with basic design and programming of simple computers.
- programming language C, and knowledge of the Internet.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Computer Fundamental?
There are different types of certification available for those interested in working in the field of computer fundamentals. Sanfoundry offers free certification where as paid certifications include Certified Computing Professional (CCP) offered by the ICCP.
What type of job can I get with a Computer Fundamental certification?
A Computer Fundamental certification is an asset to have in today’s digital world. You can find jobs in software engineering, web development, information technology, computer programming, software development, network engineering, system administration, and even web design. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to troubleshoot computer systems.
What topics are covered in the Computer Fundamental certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Computer Fundamental Certification Syllabus|
|Basic Computer Organisation||Number Systems||Computer Codes|
|Computer Arithmetic||Booth’s Algorithm||Boolean Algebra|
|Logic Circuits||Processor & Memory||Secondary Storage Devices|
|Input-Output Devices||Computer Software||Planning the Computer Program|
|Computer Languages||System Implementation and Operation||Operating Systems|
|Application Software Packages||Business Data Processing||DBMS|
|Data Communications||Computer Networks||The Internet|
|Multimedia||Computers & Emerging Technologies Classification||Information Technology|
Sanfoundry Computer Fundamental CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Computer Fundamental for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Computer Fundamental from Sanfoundry.
Computer Fundamental Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Computer Fundamental CertificateHow to prepare for Computer Fundamental Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Computer Fundamental MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Computer Fundamental Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Computer Fundamental Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Computer Fundamental Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Computer Fundamental? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Computer Fundamental certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Computer Fundamental exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Computer Fundamentals in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Computer Fundamental certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Computer Fundamental course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Computer Fundamental online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Computer Fundamental.
7. Which online Computer Fundamental Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Computer Fundamental. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Computer Fundamental Certification Course.
8. Can I get Computer Fundamental certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Computer Fundamental certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Computer Fundamental certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Computer Fundamental Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Computer Fundamental MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Computer Fundamental Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Computer Fundamental certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Computer Fundamental?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Computer Fundamental certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.