This set of Computer Fundamentals Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “Fundamental Concepts & Postulates”.
1. The number of values applicable in Boolean Algebra.
Explanation: Boolean algebra is based on binary number system. It therefore comprises only 2 bits : 0 and 1. Hence, only two values are applicable to Boolean algebra.
2. Boolean Algebra can deal with any number system.
Explanation: Boolean Algebra can only be used with the binary number system. Boolean deals with only two values 0 and 1. In Boolean System, if the result is tautology it returns 1 otherwise 0.
3. The symbol + in Boolean is also known as the ____________ operator.
Explanation: The symbol + is also called as the OR operator. It is used for logical addition. It follows the law of binary addition.
4. Which operator has the highest precedence?
Explanation: The NOT operator has the highest precedence. It is denoted by ! or – sign. Further, AND (.) operations are performed and then the OR terms are evaluated.
5. In the expression Y + X’.Y, which operator will be evaluated first?
Explanation: In Boolean Algebra, complement of a number is given the highest precedence. Therefore, complement which is denoted by the ‘ (apostrophe) symbol is evaluated first.
6. Which of the following is false?
Explanation: The first and second option describes the commutative law. The fourth option holds true since if x=1, then x’=0, and x+x’=1. Third option is incorrect because on multiplication of a boolean value with its complement the result will always be 0.
7. As per idempotent law, X + X will always be equal to ________
Explanation: It will always return the same value X. Since, boolean deals with only two numbers 0 and 1, if we add 0+0, the answer is 0. Similarly, if we add 1+1 the answer is 1.
8. The expression for involution law is _________
Explanation: The involution law states that the complement of complement of a number is the number itself. The third option justifies the statement. Thus, (x’)’=x.
9. Who proposed the use of Boolean algebra in the design of relay switching circuits?
a) George Boole
b) Claude E. Shannon
c) Claude E. Boole
d) George Shannon
Explanation: Claude E Shannon suggested the use of Boolean in relay switching circuits. George Boole, a mathematician introduced it for simplifying representations and manipulation of propositional logic.
10. Truth table is used to represent Boolean __________
Explanation: The Boolean functions are represented using the truth tables. Truth tables represent the tautology and fallacy for terms.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals for Experienced people, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.