This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Concepts of OOP”.
1. A ______________ represents the need of information in the program without the presenting the details.
Explanation: Abstraction is a concept that involves hiding the details and giving only the necessary information to the user. It increases the power of a programming language.
2. Abstraction combines the data and functions into a single unit called a class.
Explanation: The statement is false. Data abstraction involves hiding the details and giving only the necessary information to the user.
3. The process of forming a new class from an existing class.
Explanation: The answer is inheritance. The base class is the parent class and the new class is called the child class.
4. This concept allows routines to use data again at different times.
Explanation: Polymorphism is a concept in OOP wherein different functions can be used again at different times.
5. The ability for programmers to use the same written and debugged existing class.
Explanation: The programmer can add features to the existing class. The programmer on further developing the application, and allowing users to achieve increased performance.
6. A concept that combines data and functions into a single unit called class.
Explanation: Encapsulation enables the important concept of data hiding possible. It combines data and functions into a single unit.
7. __________ represents a particular instance of a class.
Explanation: An object is an instance of the class. The data members are accessed with the help of objects.
8. A basic unit of object-oriented programming.
Explanation: In OOP, the basic unit is an object. Objects are identified by its unique name.
9. A procedural programming follows ___________ approach.
Explanation: A procedural programming follows top-down approach. The main focus is on the functions. It has a lot of global variable.
10. A programming technique in which the focus is on doing things.
a) object oriented
Explanation: In procedural programming, the focus is on doing things(functions). It follows top-down approach.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.