This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Multithreading”.
1. Multithreading is also called as ____________
Explanation: Concurrency is often used in place of multithreading. Multitasking allows multiple threads to run at a time.
2. Multiprocessing allows single processor to run several concurrent threads.
Explanation: The statement is false. Multitasking allows single processor to run several concurrent threads.
3. A single sequential flow of control within a program is ________
Explanation: A thread is a sequential flow of control within a program. Single-threaded program can handle one task at any time.
4. Both client and server release _________ connection after a page has been transferred.
Explanation: The answer is TCP. TCP stands for Transmission Control Protocol. Servers receive requests from clients.
5. Java extension used in threads?
Explanation: java.lang.Thread is the class that is extended if any user wants to extend threads.
6. A method that must be overridden while extending threads.
Explanation: run()method must be overridden (It is similar to main method of sequential program).
7. An interface that is implemented while using threads.
Explanation: java.lang.Runnable is correct. Any thread class implements runnable.
8. A thread becomes non runnable when?
a) Its stop method is invoked
b) Its sleep method is invoked
c) Its finish method is invoked
d) Its init method is invoked
Explanation: A thread becomes Not Runnable when one of these events occurs:
• Its sleep method is invoked.
• The thread calls the wait method to wait for a specific condition to be satisfied.
• The thread is blocking on I/O.
9. A method used to temporarily release time for other threads.
Explanation: We can use the yield() method to temporarily release time for other threads. It is static by default.
10. A method used to force one thread to wait for another thread to finish.
Explanation: The answer is join(). We can use the join() method to force one thread to wait for another thread to finish.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.