This set of Computer Fundamentals online quiz focuses on “System Evaluation & Maintenance”.
1. Maintenance and review add to the useful life of the system but can consume large amounts of __________
b) Soft wares
Explanation: They consume a large amount of resources. They can benefit from the methods and project management techniques though which are applied to the systems development.
2. File and database contains the frequency component.
Explanation: The statement is false. Frequency is a part of output design. File design contains capabilities and organization.
3. This is not a part of the signing on the procedure.
Explanation: Signing on is a part of special system design considerations. It does not involve a step of execution. It involves identification, verification and authorization.
4. A __________ is a noted set of activities that are executed on the software in order to confirm its behavior to certain set of inputs.
c) Use case
d) Test case
Explanation: A test case is basically a documented set of activities that are carried out on the software in order to confirm its functionality to certain given inputs. Each test case would in turn have steps to address how we can check a particular test condition is satisfied or not.
5. A type of testing that is conducted at the software interface.
a) gray box
b) black box
c) red box
d) white box
Explanation: Black box testing is conducted at the software interface. White box testing is predicted on close examination of procedural details.
6. A simple notation for the representation of control flow.
a) System flow
b) Flow graph
c) Flow program
d) System program
Explanation: The flow graph depicts logical control flow. Each circle in a flow graph is called a flow graph node, represents one or more procedural statements.
7. A software metric that provides a quantitative measure of the logical complexity of a program.
a) Cyclomatic complexity
b) Index matrix
c) Quantitative complexity
d) System complexity
Explanation: The number of regions of the flow graph corresponds to the cyclomatic complexity. All other options are invalid.
8. An expression for the calculation of cyclomatic complexity.
a) V(G) = E – N + 2
b) V(G) = E + N + 2
c) V(G) = E – N – 2
d) V(G) = E + N – 2
Explanation: The option V(G) = E – N + 2 denotes the correct expression. Here, E is the number of flow graph edges. N is the number of flow graph nodes.
9. The probability of failure-free operation of a software application in a specified environment for a specified time.
a) Software Reliability
b) Software Quality
c) Software availability
d) Software Safety
Explanation: The answer is software reliability. It is estimated using historical and development data.
10. SCM stands for __________
a) Software configuration monitoring
b) System configuration management
c) Software configuration management
d) System configuration monitoring
Explanation: Software configuration management (SCM), also called change management, is a set of activities designed to manage change by identifying the work products that are likely to change.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals for online Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.