This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Logic Gates”.
1. Electronic circuits that operate on one or more input signals to produce standard output _______
a) Series circuits
b) Parallel Circuits
c) Logic Signals
d) Logic Gates
Explanation: The logic gates operate on one or more input signals to produce a standard output.
Logic gates give the output in the form of 0 and 1.
The Boolean algebra can be applied to the logic gates.
2. Logic Gates are the building blocks of all circuits in a computer.
Explanation: The statement is true.
Logic gates are idealized to implement a boolean function in all circuits of a computer.
The signals are directed as per the outputs of the logic gates in the form of 0 and 1.
3. A __________ gate gives the output as 1 only if all the inputs signals are 1.
Explanation: The AND gate gives a 1 only if all the input signals are 1.
The Boolean expression for evaluating an AND signal is: Y=A.B.
4. The boolean expression of an OR gate is _______
Explanation: An OR gate gives the result as 1 if any one of the inputs is one.
Its expression is A+B.
An OR gate gives a 0 only if both the inputs are 0.
5. The gate which is used to reverse the output obtained is _____
Explanation: NOT gate is used to reverse the output from 0 to 1 and vice-versa.
The Boolean expression for NOT gate is Y=A’.
Therefore, it gives the complement of the result obtained.
6. Which of the following gate will give a 0 when both of its inputs are 1?
Explanation: The NAND gate gives 0 as the output when both of its inputs are 1 or any one of the input is 1.
It returns a 1 only if both the inputs are 0.
7. When logic gates are connected to form a gating/logic network it is called as a ______________ logic circuit.
Explanation: It is referred to as a combinational circuit as it comprises a number of gates.
It is connected to evaluate a result of a Boolean expression.
8. The universal gate that can be used to implement any Boolean expression is __________
Explanation: NAND gate can be used to implement any Boolean expression.
It is a universal gate. A universal gate can be used to implement any other Boolean function without using any other logic gate.
9. The gate which is called an inverter is called _________
Explanation: Inverter is used to reverse the output. A NOT gate is used to invert or change the output from 0 to 1 and vice-versa.
10. The expression of an EXOR gate is ____________
Explanation: The expression for an EXOR gate is A’B+AB’.
An EXOR gate is nothing but an exclusive OR gate.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.