This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Testing”.
1. Another name for white-box testing is ___________
a) Control testing
d) Black box
Explanation: Sometimes it is called the glass box testing. It is a type of testing in which the internal structure of any application is tested and examined.
2. Test cases ensure that all the statements are executed atleast once.
Explanation: The statement is true. Test cases are written to check if all the statements are executed at least once. It also checks the logicality of the code.
3. Which of the following divides the input domain into classes containing data?
a) Equivalent partitioning
b) Environment partitioning
c) Procedure division
d) Compilation division
Explanation: Equivalent partitioning divides the input domain into classes containing data. They basically exercise on a specific functionality of a software.
4. Which of the following is a common testing conducted by the developers?
a) Unit testing
b) Entry testing
c) Phrase testing
d) Code testing
Explanation: Unit testing is commonly performed by the developers. It is difficult to perform testing at any time during its cycle. An early start decreases the time and cost.
5. SDLC stands for ________
a) Software development life cycle
b) System development life cycle
c) Software design life cycle
d) System design life cycle
Explanation: It stands for Software development life cycle. In SDLC, the testing can be started from the software gathering requirement phase. And can be carried over till the deployment phase.
6. Which of the following is a myth in testing?
a) Tester can find bugs
b) Any user can test software
c) Missed defects are not due to testers
d) Complete testing is not possible
Explanation: Any user can test software is a myth. Anyone cannot test the software. A person who has no knowledge cannot test the software.
7. A process to determine how the actual testing is done _______
Explanation: Audit is the systematic process which can determine how the actual process of testing is done. Audit is generally done with a team.
8. Gathering formal or informal technical feedback is called _________
d) Unit testing
Explanation: The term used is inspection. Inspection helps in getting a formal or an informal feedback of a particular product. The errors can be easily examined.
9. Which is not involved in debugging?
Explanation: Testing is a different process and is different from debugging. Debugging involves identifying, isolating and fixation of the problems or errors.
10. A standard for unit testing.
a) IEEE 1008
b) IEEE 1005
c) IEEE 1009
d) IEEE 1000
Explanation: IEEE 1008 is a standard defined for unit testing. Rest all the other standards mentioned are invalid. There are certain standards defined for Quality assurance.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10