This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Structural Programming”.
1. Programming based on stepwise refinement process.
b) C programming
Explanation: Structured programming is based on the stepwise refinement process-a method of problem decomposition common to all engineering disciplines and the physical, chemical, and biological sciences.
2. Top-down approach is followed in structural programming.
Explanation: The statement is true. Structural programming follows the top – down approach. Each module is further divided into sub modules.
3. A ________ is a directed graph that describes the flow of execution control of the program.
b) Flow graph
c) Complexity curve
Explanation: A flowchart is a directed graph. It simply describes the flow of execution control of the program.
4. A program should be ________
Explanation: It is natural to write a program as a sequence of program structures such as sequences, choices and loops.
5. The following is the syntax for:
Explanation: The if statement follows that syntax. If is a choice statement. Else is also a choice statement.
6. Which of the following is a loop statement?
Explanation: WHILE is a loop statement.
Syntax : while(condition)
7. What is the correct syntax of for statement?
Explanation: The correct syntax is : for(initialization;condition;update)
For is another loop statement.
8. Semicolon is used after :
a) Function definition
b) Function call
c) for loop
d) while loop
Explanation: Semicolon is used after function call otherwise it leads to compile-time errors. It shouldn’t be used after definitions. It should also not be used after loops.
9. The number of values a function can return at a time?
d) more than 2
Explanation: A function can return only one value at a time.
Syntax : return (x,12);
10. Which of the following isn’t a loop statement?
Explanation: The answer is elif. Elif isn’t a loop statement. It is a part of a choice statement.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.