This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Software Testing”.
1. A set of activities that ensure that software correctly implements a specific function.
Explanation: Verification ensures that software correctly implements a specific function. It is a static practice of verifying documents.
2. Validation is computer based.
Explanation: The statement is true. Validation is a computer based process. It uses methods like black box testing, gray box testing, etc.
3. ___________ is done in the development phase by the debuggers.
Explanation: Coding is done by the developers. In debugging, the developer fixes the bug in the development phase. Testing is conducted by the testers.
4. Locating or identifying the bugs is known as ___________
Explanation: Testing is conducted by the testers. They locate or identify the bugs. In debugging developer fixes the bug. Coding is done by the developers.
5. Which defines the role of software?
a) System design
c) System engineering
Explanation: The answer is system engineering. System engineering defines the role of software.
6. What do you call testing individual components?
a) system testing
b) unit testing
c) validation testing
d) black box testing
Explanation: The testing strategy is called unit testing. It ensures a function properly works as a unit.
7. A testing strategy that test the application as a whole.
a) Requirement Gathering
b) Verification testing
c) Validation testing
d) System testing
Explanation: Validation testing tests the application as a whole against the user requirements. In system testing, it tests the application in the context of an entire system.
8. A testing strategy that tests the application in the context of an entire system.
d) Gray box
Explanation: In system testing, it tests the application in the context of an entire system. The software and other system elements are tested as a whole.
9. A ________ is tested to ensure that information properly flows into and out of the system.
a) module interface
b) local data structure
c) boundary conditions
Explanation: A module interface is tested to ensure that information properly flows into and out of the system.
10. A testing conducted at the developer’s site under validation testing.
Explanation: Alpha testing is conducted at developer’s site. It is conducted by customer in developer’s presence before software delivery.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.