This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Flowcharts”.
Explanation: The symbol denotes a terminal. It is used for indication of start and stop nodes of a program.
2. In computer science, algorithm refers to a pictorial representation of a flowchart.
Explanation: The statement is false. The correct statement would be: In computer science, flowchart refers to a pictorial representation of an algorithm.
3. The process of drawing a flowchart for an algorithm is called __________
c) Algorithmic Representation
Explanation: It is called as flowcharting. A flowchart is nothing but a pictorial representation of an algorithm.
4. Actual instructions in flowcharting are represented in __________
Explanation: The actual instructions are written in boxes. Boxes are connected by using arrows to indicate the exact flow of a flowchart and the order in which they are to be executed.
Explanation: A diamond shape box denotes the decision making statements. It jumps to a truth value or a false value.
6. A box that can represent two different conditions.
Explanation: A diamond shape box denotes either a truth value or a false value. It jumps onto two different statements following it via flow lines.
7. There should be certain set standards on the amount of details that should be provided in a flowchart.
Explanation: The statement is false. There should be no set standards on the amount of details that should be provided in a flowchart.
8. A detailed flowchart is called ______
Explanation: A detailed flowchart or a flowchart with more details is called as micro flowchart. It represents all the components of the algorithm that is followed.
9. Which of the following is not an advantage of a flowchart?
a) Better communication
b) Efficient coding
c) Systematic testing
d) Improper documentation
Explanation: Flowcharts provide a proper documentation. It also provides systematic debugging.
10. A flowchart that outlines the main segments of a program.
Explanation: The answer is Macro Flowchart. A macro flowchart outlines the important components of a program. It therefore shows fewer details.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.