This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Digitizers”.
1. Input Devices that use a special ink that is used for converting pictures, maps and drawings into digital format.
b) Digital pens
c) Light Pens
Explanation: The digitizer is used for digitizing pictures, maps and drawings into digital form for storage in computers. It is used in CAD by architects and engineers.
2. GIS stands for Graphical Information System.
Explanation: The statement is false. GIS stands for Geographical Information System. Digitizers are used in the area of GIS for digitizing maps available in paper form.
3. A digitizer converts __________ input into digital input.
Explanation: A digitizer converts analog signals to digital images. Due to this, it is compatible with both scanners and mice.
4. Which of the following term is used when different forms of information like text, sound is converted to a binary code?
Explanation: Digitization is the term that is used. It converts the input which is in the form of an image, sound or text into a binary format and further makes it easier for the computer to understand and process.
5. Which of the following isn’t a phase of digitization?
c) Discretization + Quantization
d) Analog conversion
Explanation: There is no phase called analog conversion. Discretization means the reading of an analog signal. Quantization is the rounding of samples to numbers.
6. Which of the following is not a part of a digitizer?
a) Digitizing tablet
Explanation: A digitizer consists of a digitizing tablet, a stylus in the form of a cross-hair cursor. A digitizer is used in the areas of Geographical Information Systems.
7. The process of making digital information work for you is called ___________
b) Digital Transformation
Explanation: The process of making digitized data or information work for you is called digitalization. The conversion of analog signal to digital signal is called digitization. Digital signals are in the form of 0s and 1s.
8. What is the full form of FSM?
a) Field Service Management
b) Frequent Service Management
c) Final Service Management
d) Field Service Master
Explanation: FSM is Field Service Management. FSM soft wares are used for making proper use of the digitized information. Therefore, they are basically responsible for digitalization.
9. Which of the following Techniques are used to optimize field services?
d) Reality tools
Explanation: AI or Artificial Intelligence is optimizing the field services. It ensures that the fastest service is performed by the person in charge. Artificial intelligence is nothing but machine intelligence.
10. Obtaining services from a rapidly evolving group of internet users __________
b) Crowd Sourcing
c) Human collaboration
d) Human Computation
Explanation: Crowd sourcing is the appropriate term which is to be used. Though human collaboration, outsourcing and computation mean the same. Crowd Sourcing means collaboration of a group of internet users for the same purpose.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10