This set of Computer Fundamentals MCQs focuses on “Augmented Reality”.
1. A field of technology that deals with a combination of real world and the data generated from computer.
Explanation: AR that is Augmented Reality is a field of technology that deals with a combination of real world and the data generated from computer.
2. AR is interactive in real-time.
Explanation: The statement is true. Augmented Reality is the field of computer research that deals with the combination of real-world and computer generated data.
3. Technologies that completely involve a user inside a synthetic environment.
Explanation: The answer is VR or Virtual Reality. VR technologies are known for immersing a user inside a synthetic environment. While immersed, the user cannot see the real world around him.
4. Technologies that allow the user to see the real world, with virtual objects composited in the real world.
Explanation: Augmented Reality (AR) allows a user to see real world, with virtual objects superimposed or composited with the real world.
5. A ______________________ is a display device, worn on head as a part of helmet that has a small display optic.
Explanation: HMD is the head-mounted display, worn on head as a part of helmet that has a small display optic. HTC Vive, Samsung GearVR are examples of HMDs available today.
6. Wearable computing device in the form of computerized eyeglasses.
c) Smart Glasses
d) VR Glasses
Explanation: Smart glasses are also called as optical head mounted displays. (OHMD), it has the capability of reflecting projected images as well as allowing users to see through it.
7. A tracking based on geo-location information.
a) Location based
c) Marker based
Explanation: Location based tracking is based on geo-location information obtained from device’s location sensors. (Longitude, latitude, altitude etc).
8. SLAM stands for?
a) Simultaneous localization and mapping
b) System localization and mapping
c) Simultaneous localization and maintenance
d) System localization and maintenance
Explanation: SLAM is abbreviated for Simultaneous localization and mapping. It is a technique used by robots and autonomous vehicles to build a map within the unknown environment.
9. A technique that enables light field which is generally the product of a light source scattered off objects.
Explanation: Holography enables a light field. It is to be recorded and later reconstructed when the original light field is no longer present.
10. A _______ can be recorded using a normal light source.
Explanation: A photograph can be captured using a normal light source. A laser is required to record a hologram.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice MCQs on all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.