This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Application Softwares”.
1. The software designed to perform a specific task:
a) Synchronous Software
b) Package Software
c) Application Software
d) System Software
Explanation: Software refers to a collection of programs. Software designed to do a specific task are referred to as the application software. Eg: Inventory management, banking, etc.
2. Word processing software is a type of application software.
Explanation: The statement is true. Since, application software are designed to do a specific job, word processing is a type of application software used for the designing of text documents.
3. Developing software __________ means a major commitment of time, money and resources.
Explanation: Developing software in-house means the same. It is easier to carry out changes in the software if it is developed in-house
4. Which of the following is not a way of acquiring software?
a) Buying pre-written software
b) Ordering customized software
c) Downloading public-domain Software
d) Duplicating the software
Explanation: Duplication is not a correct way of acquiring the software. All the other options are valid. Apart from these, another option could be development of a customized software.
5. OSS stands for:
a) Open System Service
b) Open Source Software
c) Open System Software
d) Open Synchronized Software
Explanation: OSS stands for open source software. OSS allows any user to download, view, modify and redistribute the software. Also, the user can fix bugs according to needs.
6. Public domain software is usually:
a) System supported
b) Source supported
c) Community supported
d) Programmer supported
Explanation: The public domain software is generally community supported. It is community supported as author does not support users directly.
7. Set of programs which consist of full documentation.
a) Software Package
b) System Software
c) Utility Software
d) File package
Explanation: It is called a software package. A software is nothing but a collection of programs. A software package can solve a specific problem or perform a specific type of job.
8. Interpreter is used as a translator for __________
a) Low level language
b) High Level Language
Explanation: It is generally used to make the code into an machine understandable format. Interpreter is used with the high level languages similarly. Assembler is used in case of low level languages.
9. What do you call a specific instruction designed to do a task?
Explanation: A program is a set of instructions. A command is given to do a specific job. A program in execution is called a process.
10. They normally interact with the system via user interface provided by the application software.
Explanation: Users interact with the system via user interface that is given by the application software. An application software is a set of instructions designed to serve a particular purpose.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10