This set of Computer Fundamentals Questions and Answers for Campus interviews focuses on “Word Processing Package”.
1. Category of software that comprises word processing, graphics, databases etc.
c) General purpose
Explanation: Application software comprises of all these things like graphics, database, word processing softwares, etc. There are mainly two categories of softwares- System and application.
2. There are two basic structures in text documents.
Explanation: The statement is true. There are two structures in text documents- logical and physical.
3. MS-Word comes under __________
a) Document production
d) Numerical Analysis
Explanation: Ms- Word is an application based software. It comes under document production. Ms-Word, frontPage, Frame maker come under this category.
4. A ______________is an application that allows the user to compose and edit simple documents.
a) Word processor
c) Email utility
Explanation: A word processor software is an application that allows the user to compose and edit all simple documents.
5. In text documents, a structure which stays the same no matter how the document is represented.
Explanation: There are two basic structures- logical and physical. A logical structure stays the same no matter how the document is represented.
6. When the document gets put out : the best fit is calculated from ___________ structure.
Explanation: A logical structure stays the same no matter how the document is represented. The best fit is thus calculated from the logical structure.
7. This can change the physical structure of the document.
Explanation: Formatting can change the physical structure. It includes indentation, text color, style, etc. of the document.
8. An example of e-mail utility.
Explanation: Outlook is an example of email utility. Word is a word processor, Excel is a spreadsheet software.
9. A structure that is system- dependent.
Explanation: The correct option is physical. The physical structure of a document is system-dependent; i.e., fonts and tab spacing vary among systems.
10. The _____________ in a document and the order in which it is presented is referred to as the document’s logical structure.
Explanation: The information in a document and the order in which it is presented is referred to as the document’s logical structure. Information and the order are two most important things in a document.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals for Campus Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.