This set of Computer Fundamentals Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Modulation Techniques”.
1. A coaxial cable has a bandwidth of _________ of megahertz.
Explanation: A coaxial cable has a bandwidth of 100’s of Mhz. Baseband speed is in a few KHz. Multiplexing improves channel bandwidth utilization.
2. In TDM, the samples occupy adjacent time slots.
Explanation: The statement is true. The TDM technique is based on sampling and they occupy adjacent slots and are transmitted in a sequence.
3. The carrier wave is a _________
a) tan wave
b) cosec wave
c) sine wave
d) cot wave
Explanation: The carrier wave is generally a sine wave. Carrier wave is used to transfer the signal from source to destination.
4. Controlling the phase is referred as __________
b) half modulation
c) amplitude modulation
d) phase modulation
Explanation: It is referred to as phase modulation. When there is a change in amplitude, it is referred to as amplitude modulation.
5. A transmission mode that can transmit data in both the directions but transmits in only one direction at a time.
b) half duplex
c) full duplex
Explanation: The half duplex mode supports two way traffic but only in one direction at a time.
6. A multiplexing technique based on sampling.
Explanation: TDM which stands for Time division multiplexing is based on sampling which is a modulation technique.
7. An example of FDM:
a) broadcast radio
Explanation: Broadcast radio is an example of FDM. This allows several messages to be translated from baseband.
8. FDM stands for?
a) Frequency Division Multiplexing
b) Frequency Dependent Multiplexing
c) Frequency Diverged Multiplexing
d) Frequency Derived Multiplexing
Explanation: FDM stands for Frequency Division Multiplexing. This allows several messages to be translated from baseband, where they are all in the same frequency.
9. A modulation technique that improves channel bandwidth utilization.
Explanation: Multiplexing is a modulation technique that improves channel bandwidth utilization.
10. The purpose of communication system is to transfer information from _______ to the destination.
Explanation: The answer is source. A communication system transfers information from source to the destination.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals for Aptitude test, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10