This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “High Level Languages”.
1. Prolog comes under ___________
a) Logic Programming
b) Procedural Programming
Explanation: Prolog stands for Programming in Logic. The options mentioned are the four categories of programming. Prolog is a type of logic programming.
2. Java is procedural programming.
Explanation: The statement is false. Java is a type of object oriented programming language. It involves solving real-life problems as well.
3. A program that can execute high-level language programs.
Explanation: Interpreter is a program that can execute high-level language programs “directly,” without first being translated into machine language.
4. Executables might be called ________
a) native code
b) executable code
c) complex code
d) machine code
Explanation: The executables are sometimes called native code. HLL are translated to Machine language called the native code.
5. Source program is compiled to an intermediate form called ___________
a) Byte Code
b) Smart code
c) Executable code
d) Machine code
Explanation: The Source program is compiled to an intermediate form called byte code. For each supported platform, write a “virtual machine” emulator that reads byte code and emulates its execution.
6. _______________ is the assembly language for an imaginary architecture.
a) Byte code
b) Machine code
c) Native code
d) Executable code
Explanation: Source program is compiled to an intermediate form – byte code. Byte code is the assembly language for an imaginary architecture.
7. JIT stands for?
a) Just in time
b) Jump in time
c) Jump in text
d) Jump in terms
Explanation: JIT stands for Just in time. JVMs actually compile each bytecode instruction to native code the first time it is used.
8. JVM stands for?
a) Java virtual machine
b) Java visual machine
c) JRE virtual machine
d) JRE visual machine
Explanation: JVM stands for Java Virtual Machine. Other related terms are JRE which is java runtime environment and JDK which is java development kit.
9. A language supported by MS. Net platform.
Explanation: C# is supported by MS. Net platform. JAVA was originally designed for web purposes.
10. Which of the following isn’t a characteristic of High level languages?
a) machine code
b) platform independent
c) interactive execution
Explanation: HLL isn’t in machine language. It is converted to machine language for further processing.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10