This set of Computer Fundamentals Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “DBMS”.
1. A collection of related data.
b) Valuable information
Explanation: Database is the collection of related data and its metadata organized in a structured format. It is designed for optimized information management.
2. DBMS is software.
Explanation: The statement is true. DBMS stands for Database Management System. It enables easy creation and access of the database.
3. DBMS manages the interaction between __________ and database.
c) End Users
d) Stake Holders
Explanation: DBMS manages the interaction between the end users and the database. End users are the final users that interact with the database.
4. Which of the following is not involved in DBMS?
a) End Users
c) Application Request
Explanation: HTML isn’t involved in Database Management System. Other things like the data and application request are a part of the DBMS.
5. Database is generally __________
Explanation: Database is user-centered. The perspective is that the user is always right. If there is a problem with the use of the system, the system is the problem, not the user.
6. A characteristic of an entity.
Explanation: An attribute is a characteristic of an entity. The association among the entities is described by the relationship.
7. The restrictions placed on the data.
Explanation: Constraint is a restriction that is placed on the data. Attribute is the characteristic and the relation describes the association.
8. IMS stands for?
a) Information Mastering System
b) Instruction Management System
c) Instruction Manipulating System
d) Information Management System
Explanation: IMS stands for Information Management System. It is developed to manage large amounts of data for complex projects.
9. A model developed by Hammer and Mc Leod in 1981.
Explanation: SDM stands for Semantic Data Model. It models both data and their relationships in a single structure.
Explanation: The answer is entity. It is a part of OODBM (Object-Oriented Database Model). It maintains the advantages of ER-model but adds more features.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Fundamentals
- Participate in Computer Fundamentals Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Fundamentals
- Take Computer Fundamentals Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10