This set of Advanced Computer Fundamentals Questions and Answers focuses on “The Internet and its Services”.
1. A network that links many different types of computers all over the world.
Explanation: Internet is a network of computers that links many different types of computers. It is a network of network sharing a common mechanism for addressing computers.
2. Internet was evolved from the basic ideas of ARPANET.
Explanation: The statement is true. ARPANET is the first WAN i.e., Wide Area network that had only four sites in 1969 for interconnecting computers.
3. A service that allows a user to log in into another computer somewhere on the Internet.
Explanation: Telnet is the answer. It is a service that enables the user to log into another computer somewhere on the Internet.
4. An internet service that allows the user to move a file.
d) Time Sharing
Explanation: The answer is FTP. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. It allows the user to move a file from one computer to another on the internet.
5. Anonymous FTP files are called ___________ accessible files.
Explanation: Anonymous FTP files are called publicly accessible files because they can be accessed by any user on the Internet.
6. TCP stands for?
a) Transmission control program
b) Transmission control protocol
c) Transfer control program
d) Transfer control protocol
Explanation: TCP stands for transmission control protocol. It basically allows different networks to interconnect.
7. Any system that uses the HTTP protocol is called _________
a) Web Browser
b) Web Server
Explanation: The system is the web server. HTTP stands for Hypertext transmission protocol.
8. Any computer that can access the server is called?
a) Web Server
b) Web Browser
d) Web Client
Explanation: Any computer that has access to the web server is called the web client. Web server is any computer that uses the HTTP protocol.
9. Allows the user to create and maintain a personal list of favorite URL addresses.
b) Web Servers
c) Web Browsers
Explanation: Web Browsers help the user to maintain a personal favorite list of URLs. Also, allows the user to download information on various formats.
10. URL stands for?
a) Uniform Resource Locator
b) Uniform Research Locator
c) Uniform Resource Link
d) Uniform Research Link
Explanation: WWW specifies the URL of a website and allows the user to access information. URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Fundamentals.
To practice advanced questions and answers on all areas of Computer Fundamentals, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.