This set of Total Quality Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Agile Manufacturing”.
1. Which of the following is not associated with Agile Manufacturing?
a) Operational Flexibility
b) Bottom-up innovation
c) Operator augmentation
d) Slow approach
Explanation: Agile manufacturing focuses on operational flexibility, bottom-up innovation, and operator augmentation. It also emphasizes on rapid iteration.
2. Agile Manufacturing focuses on faster response to customer demands.
Explanation: Agile Manufacturing focuses on faster response to customer demands. It does so while empowering workers to innovate.
3. Which of the following is not an example of changing customer expectations which essentially leads us to focus on agile manufacturing?
a) Product customization
b) Slow delivery
c) Fast delivery
d) Cheaper production
Explanation: We are having changes not only in technology but also in customer expectations. Customers expect product customization, faster delivery, and cheaper production.
4. Which of the following is not a reason for organizations switching to agile manufacturing?
a) Constant technological development
b) Increasing complex supply chain
c) Higher customer standards
d) Increased manpower
Explanation: Constant technological development, increasing complex supply chain, and higher customer standards are some of the reasons for organizations to switch to agile manufacturing. There are new technologies appearing every day and manufacturing experiences more disruptions.
5. Which of the following is not a common idea between lean manufacturing and agile manufacturing?
b) Empowering people
c) Response to customer demands
d) Reduction in waste
Explanation: Both lean manufacturing and agile manufacturing focuses on the ideas of productivity, empowering people, and response to customer demands. They both focus on increasing quality. But, lean manufacturing alone focuses on reduction in waste. It is not a central idea in agile manufacturing. Agile manufacturing focuses on flexibility and bottom-up innovation.
6. ______ refers to replacing workers with machines and ______ refers to enhancing workers’ capabilities through technology.
a) Innovation, augmentation
b) Automation, augmentation
c) Augmentation, automation
d) Innovation, automation
Explanation: Automation refers to replacing workers with machines and augmentation refers to enhancing workers’ capabilities through technology. Augmentation is one of the principles of agile manufacturing.
7. Agile manufacturing focuses on a bottom-up approach.
Explanation: Agile manufacturing focuses on a bottom-up approach. It abandons the traditional hierarchical top-down approach and inherits the flexible bottom-up approach.
8. Which of the following is not an advantage of the bottom-up approach of agile manufacturing?
a) Shop floor workers have a voice
b) Low engagement
c) High value products and processes
d) Seamless flow of ideas
Explanation: By implementation of the bottom-up approach of agile manufacturing, the shop floor workers in an organization get a voice. There is a seamless flow of ideas across all the layers of the organization. It also leads to high value products and processes.
9. Which of the following is not a reason for organizations to adopt flexible systems under agile manufacturing?
a) Increasing fluctuations in demand
b) Economic factors
c) Political factors
d) Waterfall model
Explanation: Increasing fluctuations in demand, labor rates, input prices along with economic factors, environmental factors, political factors, social factors and political factors are some of the reasons for organizations to adopt flexible systems under agile manufacturing. Agile concept was initially brought in to move away from the Waterfall Model.
10. Which of the following is not related to an agile organization?
a) Silo mentality
b) Real-time communication and work management tools
c) Interactive digital work instructions
d) Concept of hackathons
Explanation: Agile organizations follow bottom-up approach and there is seamless exchange of ideas and directives. It abandons the silo mentality often associated with traditional hierarchical approach.
11. Which of the following is not found in an agile organization?
d) Leaders ruling over employees
Explanation: Accountability, transparency and collaborations are crucial within teams in an agile organization. Leaders do not rule over employees but rather focus on augmentation.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Total Quality Management.
To practice all areas of Total Quality Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Total Quality Management
- Participate in Total Quality Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Total Quality Management
- Take Total Quality Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10