In this article, we will explore what a Total Quality Management certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Total Quality Management by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a TQM certification?
A TQM certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Total Quality Management. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- importance of quality and its dimensions in striving for excellence.
- understanding the conscious compromise between cost and quality.
- usage of appropriate quality tools in various manufacturing and service functions.
- integration of quality approaches for productivity improvement.
- conducting a quality audit.
- familiarity with the various approaches of TQM.
- understanding of the customer perception of quality.
- analysis of customer needs and perceptions to design feedback systems.
- application of statistical tools for continuous improvement of systems.
- selection of appropriate tools and technique for effective implementation of TQM.
- selection of tools and techniques of quality management to manufacturing and services processes.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Total Quality Management?
Sanfoundry offers free Total Quality Management certification in the field of TQM that cover topics such as TQM Leadership, Agile Manufacturing, Six Sigma. Other certifications in Total Quality Management is the Certified Total Quality Engineer (CTQE), Certified Quality Engineer and Total Quality Management Certification.
What type of job can I get with a Total Quality Management certification?
Total Quality Management professionals can find employment in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, retail, and education. With a Total Quality Management certification, you can apply for positions as a quality assurance specialist, quality engineer, quality assurance supervisor, quality control manager, quality assurance manager, administrator or manager.
What topics are covered in the Total Quality Management certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Total Quality Management Certification Syllabus
|Basic Concepts of Quality and TQM
|Continuous Process Improvement
|Four R’s of Total Improvement
|Problem Solving Tools
|Concept of Taguchi Loss Function
|Benchmarking & FMEA
|Control Charts & Process Capability
|Six Sigma Principle
|Quality Function Deployment
|House of Quality
|Total Productive Maintenance
|ISO 9000 & ISO 14000
|Manufacturing New Trends
Sanfoundry TQM CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Total Quality Management for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in TQM from Sanfoundry.
TQM Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free TQM CertificateHow to prepare for TQM Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 TQM MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Total Quality Management Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Total Quality Management Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
TQM Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in TQM? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do TQM certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the TQM exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Total Quality Management in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a TQM certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Total Quality Management course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in TQM online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Total Quality Management.
7. Which online Total Quality Management Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Total Quality Management. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Total Quality Management Certification Course.
8. Can I get Total Quality Management certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is TQM certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the TQM certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the TQM Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry TQM MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Total Quality Management Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for TQM certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Total Quality Management?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Total Quality Management certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.