This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Foster Seely”.
1. Calculate power in each sideband, if power of carrier wave is 176W and there is 60% modulation in amplitude modulated signal?
Explanation: Modulation index = 0.6 and Pc = 176W. Power in sidebands may be calculated as
2. What is the full form of SDLC?
a) Synchronous Data Link Character
b) Synchronous Data Line Control
c) Synchronous Data Line Character
d) Synchronous Data Link Control
Explanation: SDLS stands for Synchronous Data Link Control. It is a layer 2 protocol for IBM’s Systems Network Architecture. It supports multipoint links as well as error-correction.
3. Mostly LANs are based on Ethernet.
Explanation: LAN is a computer network that interconnects computers within a limited area. Most LANs are based on Ethernet only.
4. CSMA stands for _________
a) Carrier Sense Multiple Access
b) Carrier Sense Multiple Access
c) Carrier Server Multiple Access
d) Client Server Multiple Access
Explanation: CSMA stands for Carrier Sense Multiple Access. It is a media access control protocol. In it a node verifies the absence of other traffic before transmission.
5. What we called each computer in a network?
Explanation: In networks, each connected computer is seen as a node.
6. Which network never experienced a collision?
d) all networks have collision at some point
Explanation: Token passing is a channel access method. In it, a signal which is seen as a token is passed between nodes to authorize that node to communicate. Token passing never experiences any type of collisions.
7. What is the effect of too many collisions in any network?
a) network slows down
b) network goes down
c) cable overheats
d) data gets lost
Explanation: If a network receives too many collisions, it directly affects its connected nodes. Due to which the network finally slows down.
(Q.8 – Q.11) An AM signal is represented by x(t) = (30 + 2Sin(700πt)) Cos(2πt x 10²t)V.
8. The modulation index is
Explanation: Given equation can be written as 30(1 + 0.066 Sin(700πt)). So modulation index is 0.066.
9. Carrier power of the wave is?
10. Find the total power of amplitude modulated wave?
11. What is its sideband power?
Explanation: Sideband power is (Pt – Pc) i.e. 451 – 450 = 1W.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.