This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Foster Seely”.
1. What is the full form of SDLC?
a) Synchronous Data Link Character
b) Synchronous Data Line Control
c) Synchronous Data Line Character
d) Synchronous Data Link Control
Explanation: SDLC stands for Synchronous Data Link Control. It is a layer 2 protocol for IBM’s Systems Network Architecture. It supports multipoint links as well as error-correction. It helps in the proper flow of data to different levels.
2. Mostly LANs are based on Ethernet.
Explanation: LAN stands for Local Area Network and is a computer network that interconnects computers within a limited area. Most LANs are based on Ethernet only. It can also connect devices through wireless link to a server.
3. CSMA stands for _________
a) Carrier Sense Multiple Access
b) Client Sense Multiple Access
c) Carrier Server Multiple Access
d) Client Server Multiple Access
Explanation: CSMA stands for Carrier Sense Multiple Access. It is a media access control protocol. In it, a node verifies the absence of other traffic before transmission.
4. What we called each computer in a network?
Explanation: In networks, each connected computer is seen as a node.
5. Which network never experienced a collision?
d) All networks have collision at some point
Explanation: Token passing is a channel access method. In it, a signal which is seen as a token is passed between nodes to authorize that node to communicate. Token passing never experiences any type of collisions.
6. What is the effect of too many collisions in any network?
a) network slows down
b) network crashes
c) cable overheats
d) data gets lost
Explanation: If a network receives too many collisions, it directly affects its connected nodes. Due to which the network finally slows down.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Analog Communications
- Participate in Analog Communications Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Analog Communications
- Take Analog Communications Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10