This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “FM Stereo Multiplexing”.
1. What is the full form of PSTN?
a) Public Switched Telephone Network
b) Primary Switched Telephone Network
c) Private Switched Telephone Network
d) Protected Switched Telephone Network
Explanation: PSTN stands for Public Switched Telephone Network. It is the aggregate of the world’s circuit-switched telephone network. It helps in providing services for public telecommunication.
2. Which statement is true about Huffman code?
a) allow errors to be detected but not corrected
b) allow only alphanumeric data to be corrected
c) allow errors to be detected and corrected
d) allow alphanumeric data to be compressed
Explanation: Huffman is generally used to convert fixed length codes into variable length codes. It results in lossless compression. It allows alphanumeric data to be compressed. It does not let alphanumeric data to be corrected or error to be detected and corrected.
3. What is another name for VRC?
Explanation: VRC is generally used in communication. It stands for Vertical Redundancy Check. It is same as parity.
4. What is required in SDLC to use flags?
a) Different flags at either end of a frame
c) Complex data bits
d) Bit stuffing
Explanation: SDLC stands for Software Development Life Cycle. It consists of a detailed plan describing how to develop, analyze and maintain software for it’s business value. Bit stuffing is required in it if we want to use flags.
5. Thermal noise shot noise and transit time noise is part of internal noise in communication.
Explanation: Internal noise in communication is the noise that gets generated within the receiver or communication system, like thermal noise, shot noise, transit time noise, partition noise and such like. External noise is that noise which is generated from an external source, that is not a part of the communication system.
6. In amplitude modulation, magnitude of side bands is 2ma times the carrier amplitude.
Explanation: In amplitude modulation, amplitude of the carrier wave is varied with respect to the instantaneous amplitude of the message wave to be propagated. In amplitude modulation, magnitude of side bands is 4ma times the carrier amplitude.
7. If a digital data is not used to carry characters, then it is called as ________
a) graphic control data
b) binary data
c) character data
d) floating data
Explanation: In a binary data user can take only two values 0’s and 1’s. So it is binary data that can’t be used for carrying characters.
8. What is the full form of POTS?
a) Private Office Telephone System
b) Public Office Telephone System
c) Primary Office Telephone System
d) Plain Old Telephone Service
Explanation: POTS is an analog telephone service. It stands for Plain Old Telephone Service. It is implemented over copper twisted pair wires. It is based on Bell Telephone System. POTS is used more widely due to its reliability.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Analog Communications
- Participate in Analog Communications Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Analog Communications
- Take Analog Communications Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10